·
Registered
2,262 Posts
$3.50 is the least I pay around here..

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I just looked at the Silver Dollar web-site. Members $5.50 Non-Members $7.50

Not at all out of line. You can pay members prices in Tucson of $7.00 (or not)

If you are going to dance you must pay the fiddler

Silver Dollar is one of the best places to shoot in the country. Matters not who owns them.

JP

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'm a member of two clubs the one that is an hour drive is 3.00 for members and guests.

The one that is 12 miles away is 4.00 for members and 6.00 for guests. John

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I've paid more then that shooting non-member practice in Florida! It was over $9 with tax.

If your down for only a few weeks, you may be stuck with it if you can't find a less expensive club. If your down for more then a few weeks, join the club and pay member rate.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
There's a big cost difference between private none profit clubs who accepts none member shooters on their fields and commercial for profit concerns who are driven by profits. In my area (SoCal) the average cost for a round is $7.50 at a profit based range. Most of these concerns have a "club price" that gives you a lower per round cost if you pay an annual "membership fee". Kinda like Costco or Sam's Club who charge a membership fee and have made a profit from you before you make a purchase.

Surfer

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The Dollar also has a Silverhair shoot on Wed 16.00 for 25 singles and 25 caps with a Lewis class included in the price that is wonderful and last year at the end of the season they gave away 50 ?? flats of shells to the shooters in a drawing. Great fun and well filled squads.

I go just for the social aspect plenty of ball busting in our group thick skin required in our group helps but over all very well run shoot and fun with possible pay out.

Some Mich shooters add a twist last man to miss a bird in their squad has to pay the others a dollar further reducing costs to at least 4 shooters by a dollar. And boy does the looser complain thats the part I enjoy the most as they are all loaded so it is pride and being competitive not the money.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
If you're a Florida resident you're saving enough by not paying state income taxes , real high real estate taxes & personal property taxes--you'll be able to shoot premium factory shells and what ever the clubs charge for rounds and still be way ahead of the game.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I forgot , in Florida the world doesn't revolve around the Silver Dollar.

Try out Robinson Ranch, mucho friendlier --Tom, will let shooters shoot whatever, they want to--and if you're a member its $5.00 a rd.

And a big plus---the only 100% ERAD trap field in Florida.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
$3.00 per 25 tgts for members but when you factor in membership yearly dues ($210.00) the 1st 70 rounds (25 tgts) actually cost $6.00, so if a person shoots quite a bit it's a good deal because after that it is $3.00. Non members @ $6.00 per 25 plus a $6.00 per day guest fee. Not cheap but about the average around Atlanta.

Nice club--4 Pat traps--Canterberry's--3 skeet fields--5 stand--about 12\15 station SCs. Also have pistol pits & rifle out to 200 yds.

Most everything is on the volunteer\honor system, very little paid help, you refill machines after you shoot, pick up your own hulls etc. Members can off set part of their dues by working 10 hrs a year. Ross Puls

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sparta is normally $6 / round. Registered youth organizations $4 / kid, but you must load the house, pick up empties and put away speakers if you are the last squad of the day. An adult registered coach must be present. Same for skeet. Sporting Clays are, I believe $28 / 100.

If I remember correctly, Grand practices are $6. Demo guns during the Grand and you get a practice ticket and usually free shells, you just hand over your Driver's License. Browning was giving 1/2 boxes of Winchester Trackers.

Todd / Illinois

1 - 20 of 26 Posts