Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
31,712 Posts
Lot more elderly settlements in Florida than anywhere else I would think. Just guessing.

·
Registered
31,712 Posts
No doubt thinking ahead of the potential lawsuits for reckless endangerment for not shutting down and putting the general public at risk, because the public was not smart enough and stay home in light of the pandemic.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Most states are banning all events of 50, 100, 200 people, etc.

There will be a lot of shooting events that get cancelled or postponed.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Here is a copy of the official communication email from the FTA.

FTA NEWS LETTER

16 MAR 2020
FL STATE SHOOT MOVED TO MAY 23-25!

In following CDC guidelines, E.L.S. has decided to close the Silver Dollar Shooting club for 8 weeks.
Rescheduled Shoot Dates:

Florida State Shoot: moved to May 23, 24, & 25 2020.
Florida Spring Shoot: moved to July 16th,17th, 18th,and19th. Our shoot will be held in conjuction with the Southern Zone Shoot.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone, and hope we can all pull together and get through this as soon as possible.
Please keep in touch with our Website for any updates.
Ted Fortune
F.T.A. President

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Buh ! Just kidding makes sense one way or an other . Like somebody posted > a lot of older folks around S S . In MD they cannot even to the Bar for St. Pattys Day

·
Registered
483 Posts
I loaded 3 flats getting ready for the FL state shoot yesterday. Then came into the house grabbed a cold one and sat down at the computer just to find the shoot was canceled. On well I will be set for May.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Here is a copy of the official communication email from the FTA.

FTA NEWS LETTER

16 MAR 2020
FL STATE SHOOT MOVED TO MAY 23-25!

In following CDC guidelines, E.L.S. has decided to close the Silver Dollar Shooting club for 8 weeks.
Rescheduled Shoot Dates:

Florida State Shoot: moved to May 23, 24, & 25 2020.
Florida Spring Shoot: moved to July 16th,17th, 18th,and19th. Our shoot will be held in conjuction with the Southern Zone Shoot.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone, and hope we can all pull together and get through this as soon as possible.
Please keep in touch with our Website for any updates.
Ted Fortune
F.T.A. President
FL state shoot May 23-24-25 ??? How could that be ?May 25th is a Monday . Never heard of a state shoot ending on a Monday. If so this would be a first ! At any rate looks like it will be on top of the Miss. State shoot. ----BUMMER !!

·
Registered
906 Posts
FL state shoot May 23-24-25 ??? How could that be ?May 25th is a Monday . Never heard of a state shoot ending on a Monday. If so this would be a first ! At any rate looks like it will be on top of the Miss. State shoot. ----BUMMER !!
Gotta agree with you Slide. The Miss. Shoot is becoming more and more popular with the Silver Dollar crowd. It’s on my schedule for next year. It’s real shame that they will conflict this year though.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Gotta agree with you Slide. The Miss. Shoot is becoming more and more popular with the Silver Dollar crowd. It’s on my schedule for next year. It’s real shame that they will conflict this year though.
So Denny, is the FL. State shoot really ending on Mon. the 25th ? I am asking so can make my travel plans. Luckily I was able to cancel my reservations for this wk and not get charged. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Wow slide action !! Perhaps you should check the fine print on your calendar before you start jumping around. Monday the 25th of May in the year of 2020, is Memorial Day and is considered to be a national holiday.

·
Registered
906 Posts
So Denny, is the FL. State shoot really ending on Mon. the 25th ? I am asking so can make my travel plans. Luckily I was able to cancel my reservations for this wk and not get charged. Thanks, Mike
Slide, I haven’t yet tried to confirm those dates but I will. I do see that Monday the 25th is the Memorial Day holiday so maybe that factored into their thinking.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts