Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might be aware of the complaints lodged against Silver Dollar by its neighbors. They appear to be liberal activists. Their complaints are: noise, lighting, and land use. They have hired a lobbyist to influence the County Commissioners and have launched a petition to limit the shooting stations at the Club. In order to counter their efforts, and show support for SD, I have launched a Blog to inform shooters nationwide to enlist their support. Here is the link to it:

sdbulletin.wordpress.com

I encourage readers here to read the Blog and show support to the Club, especially residents and snowbirds in Hillsborough County. Showing your support through attendance, and writing local politicos will help keep the Club open for many years ahead. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm confused; the blog said the adjacent land is owned by the City of Clearwater? I grew up in Clearwater and did not know it owned any land in Hillsboro county.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trap, yes the City bought land to use as a sludge field to dispose of the sewage waste. It is no longer needed, and they will have a substantial profit from the original purchase price.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'm confused; the blog said the adjacent land is owned by the City of Clearwater? I grew up in Clearwater and did not know it owned any land in Hillsboro county.
The water you drank in Pinellas County likely came from wells in Pasco or Hillsborough County, owned by Pinellas County entities.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"The water you drank in Pinellas County likely came from wells in Pasco or Hillsborough County, owned by Pinellas County entities."

That's right and some of it may have come from the wellheads in Keystone.

·
Registered
15,116 Posts
The Dollar should do an Economic Impact Study and determine how much non-resident and resident money is spent at the facility.

If the Dollar wasn't there, those shooters and golfers would simply go to another County/State. Lost tax base=not good.

Restuarants, hotels, fuel, rent, and money spent at the Dollar. Could take much of the resident data right of the ATA card, and their own sales records.

It would get the attention of any County and State people and the politicians.

·
Registered
716 Posts
This is common. People just buy houses without finding out about the surrounding area. Then after they move in the area complain about what ever was there first. And I would bet these people are always Liberal.
It makes me so mad I could chew nails without my teeth in.
PLEASE GIVE OUR CLUB YOUR SUPPORT.
Even if you are among those that hate the Dollar. If the Libs close this down. your club could be next.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
If I read correctly, the $ owns the land where trap load shot will "most likely" land, but does not own enough land down range for zoning "safety" requirements if the bordering land is purchased by someone else? The $ is 100 yds short of a proper shotfall zone?

Not good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I filled out a card Wed. at the club and am going to email the county board of commissioners. We shooters need all the support we can get from both members of the SD and non members. The anti gunners and liberals won't give up until all Gun Clubs are shut down.

Thanks for any and all support.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The additional land will enable the Dollar to address a zoning issue with their skeet and five stand layouts, and provide space for sporting clays.

Here are some related products that Trapshooters Forum members are talking about.

1 - 20 of 359 Posts