Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked two up, one stuck great and one would not. Anything out there that works good?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Check with Gamaliels. They have replacement 2 sided tape. You can also stop by an auto body repair place and ask to buy a small strip of their two sided car emblem tape. They will probably just give you a small strip if you offer to buy it. It's powerful stuff. Make sure to clean the area very thoroughly with 90% alcohol or brake clean. Allow to dry.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I am wondering did you follow the directions about cleaning the rib with lighter fluid? Lightly press it on, adjust if need to, once where you want it press it on hard, heat with hair drier, repress.

Jason

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I followed the directions and yes I tried the hair dyer, the first one worked fine. The second just wasn't sticky. But thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Ok, get some 2 sided tape from where ever, I would get the one from Gamaliel or Meadow Industries direct. If ordering get couple of spares.

You get the tape off of the sight with dental floss,

Jason

PS: No offence, but I got to ask. You did remove the outside tape from the 2 sided tape exposing the sticky glue on the tape?
Before you buy 2 sided tape, you should call Meadow Industries and complain. The tape may be defective.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol yes Jason I removed the clear film, like I've said twice now I installed the first one without issue. But thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Chovyman,

Unless you need to change her rib height, I suggest you try the Meadow Industries Vari-Brite-Site III. This sight has a fiber optic rod and a channel that blocks the left eye from seeing the rod end.

The other thing is if her off eye is really dominant sight blockers will not work. I have had woman mount my gun that has the Vari-Brite-Site III and only see the side of the barrel. If this is the case she needs to shift sides or block the off eye with tape or close the off eye.

Jason

·
Banned
958 Posts
XD solution user

I have struggled with cross dominance, i.e. shooting a shotgun right handed with a dominant left eye, most of my life. For years, I couldn’t understand why I missed so often and could not shoot with both eyes open like many of my friends. So once I finally came to understand the problem, I set out to find a solution. For a long time, it looked like there was relatively little hope of solving this problem. I had very limited success shooting with one eye closed or putting tape on my glasses. Now, thanks to the miracle of the internet, I have been able to educate myself and finally discover a complete solution to this problem.
Consider that when wing shooting or shooting at clay targets, you have only a second or two to point and fire at a moving target while swinging your shotgun. This means that, when shooting with both eyes open, you have to be looking down the barrel at the target with your dominant eye, and there lies the problem! In solving this dilemma, I found that I had to accomplish two things. The first was to somehow block the view of the barrel and front sight from my naturally dominant eye, while the second was to shift dominance to my submissive eye before getting on the target. That’s it, no more, no less, but how?
It turned out to be simple, I purchased the XD Solution and installed it on my over and under shotgun and it now blocks the vision of the barrel and front sight from my dominant eye. This automatically forces my submissive eye to become dominant when the gun is mounted and before actually pointing at the target. It also eliminates the barrel “ghosting” (i.e. seeing two barrels) that takes place when using a fiber optic sight that is designed to be seen only with the shooting eye while looking down the barrel. Consider the fact that you point a shotgun at the target; you do not aim at it. In other words, while keeping your head down against the stock in a consistently correct position, you’re shooting eye acts as a rear sight and focuses on the target, thereby, almost inadvertently, lining up the front bead with the target. But, in order for this to occur, you have to clearly see the front bead with your “preferred” dominant shooting eye only. This is why the Champion’s Easy Hit fiber optic shotgun sight, with its sight tube design, works so well in conjunction with the XD Solution. Here is why; the Easy Hit sight can only be seen with your shooting eye and the XD Solution will not let you see the barrel or front sight with your non shooting eye! This totally solves the problem! Think about it and then do your own homework!
I now have this combination on most all of my shotguns; an over and under, side by sides and pumps. My cross dominance issue has now been completely resolved which makes all the difference to my success when hunting or shooting at the gun club.
Although these are strictly my own opinions, I hope that by sharing them, others can find a solution to the problem of cross dominance as I have, when shooting a shotgun.

Kent
Memphis, Tennessee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts