Trapshooters Forum banner
101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Tiny room and many presses. I have to rotate them in as needed. Right now I'm running some ,45cap rounds on the square deal. My PW800B sets up over the left drawer. There is a hole in the top the View attachment 1770182 loaded shells drop through into the drawer. I have T-nuts in the top for all the other presses. Doesn't take long to set up.
The casting pot lives there too when needed.
Efficient. Guessin' you forget about time when you are in there...that room has patina mate. I mean that in a very good way.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
My Home Depot buckets hold 600 loaded each that I fill up in the fall or early spring and don't get all excited about the stacks of flats, they are ALL EMPTY to be loaded up for what production is after the buckets are full. I sit at my workbench with radio going for boxing. Wish daughter was still around 10 years old, she was great at boxing my shells! I need a small flat screen like some of the other work areas I saw, when we built shop, I did run cable to it!

Building Wood Engineering Gas Machine Selling Retail Market Packaging and labeling Trade Wood Gas Cuisine Recreation Plastic

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
My Home Depot buckets hold 600 loaded each that I fill up in the fall or early spring and don't get all excited about the stacks of flats, they are ALL EMPTY to be loaded up for what production is after the buckets are full. I sit at my workbench with radio going for boxing. Wish daughter was still around 10 years old, she was great at boxing my shells! I need a small flat screen like some of the other work areas I saw, when we built shop, I did run cable to it!

View attachment 1770184 View attachment 1770185 View attachment 1770186
I do the same with the radio..Saturday night is oldies night (To me America and Eagles are oldies)...its just pure relaxation to load then. My daughter used to help me to. I hope soon grandsons will be able to help me. I did that for my Grand Dad....the memories mate. I have a flat screen to watch football on and load during timeouts and commercials. You will love it mate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 1769939 View attachment 1769940 View attachment 1769941
[/QUOT
I agree with you, that was part of my decision to take up space in my wood shop when I had another space. Lugging flats and shot will wear on ya. You won't regret it mate.
Very nice and clean area for reloading but if that water heater and furnace are gas , I would be moving upstairs with more ventilation. I'm not the safety police but that could be bad.
I agree with you, that was part of my decision to take up space in my wood shop when I had another space. Lugging flats and shot will wear on ya. You won't regret it mate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tiny room and many presses. I have to rotate them in as needed. Right now I'm running some ,45cap rounds on the square deal. My PW800B sets up over the left drawer. There is a hole in the top the View attachment 1770182 loaded shells drop through into the drawer. I have T-nuts in the top for all the other presses. Doesn't take long to set up.
The casting pot lives there too when needed.
I will see your “Tiny room”, and raise you a 6ft by 6ft closet,,,,, 🤣

Shelf Cabinetry Shelving Floor Eyewear
Property Furniture Shelf Shelving Wood
Audio equipment Electronic instrument Desk Shelf Technology

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome! Best use of a 6 x 6 space I have ever seen! Good work.
The really weird part is how it came together. the bench and the shelves on the right were built many years apart, and for other things. On the left are two file cabinets and most of a computer study desk that was youngest sons in high school years ago.

That the bench on one side and the desk and cabinets were EXACTLY the right length to fit cannot be coincidence. Underneath the bench are a row of ammo cans, and under the desk is a tub of wads and hulls. The primer storage ”shelves” in the center is a wooden traveling auctioneers case for holding completed bids that folded in half. All the die sets on the left in the corner are in some primitive wooden shelves that I fished out of a pile of throwaways from an old barn. The file card drawers on top of the file cabinets are perfect for holding things like lubrisizer dies, M dies, roll crimpers, etc.

The bulk of empty brass, wads, hulls, and powder have to be kept in other places since I was such a good guy and shoehorned reloading into the “cockpit” to let my wife have the bedroom it used to occupy for a shared craft/gun room.

Sometimes I think about the old days when all I owned was a Lee Load-All and the little Breechlock press,,,,, :unsure:

101 - 120 of 153 Posts