Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Put off this post for some time because thought the reaction might be seen as boasting. I'm proud of what I have built. Halfway retired now, full retire in a year and this was on my bucket list. I love to see what others do. Learned most of what I have from great mentors.

This loader area is in my shop. I harvested a brown oak about 10 years ago and dried the wood. Machined all the wood to make these two loader benches, all out that tree with, some plywood carcasses. I turn on the tunes and load..it is just flat relaxing. If you're concentrating on your loading you ain't thinking about problems mate.

Please post pics of your loader room.
Engineering Office equipment Technology Machine Desk
Automotive design Textile Interior design Table Retail
Purple Automotive design Luggage and bags Shelf Retail
Wood Motor vehicle Storage basket Engineering Basket
Automotive design Textile Interior design Table Retail

·
Registered
66 Posts
Put off this post for some time because thought the reaction might be seen as boasting. I'm proud of what I have built. Halfway retired now, full retire in a year and this was on my bucket list. I love to see what others do. Learned most of what I have from great mentors.

This loader area is in my shop. I harvested a brown oak about 10 years ago and dried the wood. Machined all the wood to make these two loader benches, all out that tree with, some plywood carcasses. I turn on the tunes and load..it is just flat relaxing. If you're concentrating on your loading you ain't thinking about problems mate.

View attachment 1769836 View attachment 1769837 View attachment 1769838 View attachment 1769839
That’s one sweet setup you have there.

·
Banned
Browning Citori CX, Browning Maxus II Carbon Fiber, Beretta 303 Trap Special
44 Posts
Ok. Am going to go off topic but really would love to see more of the wood shop. What did you use to mill the oak with? Planer size? Jointer size? I have been putting a wood shop together for the last 3 or 4 years and have started milling my own lumber as well. Just have a 14” Rikon but it is its own little beast when it comes to resaw. Dropped a hard maple about a year ago and had it milled by a buddy on his woodmizer lt40 which was awesome to watch. Ended up with about 1500 bdft of maple all sawn at 8/4 with widths up to 24”’and lengths between 11 and 12 foot. Air dying now and needs at least another year before I can start using it. Am doing tons of cutting boards but want to start trying my hand at gun stocks.

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
12,635 Posts
Uh, I won't be showing mine after seeing yours. Wow. I do have a question for you though. What load do you use those pink wads for? Those are CB 6118-12s, right?

·
Registered
18 Posts

View attachment 1769836 View attachment 1769837 View attachment 1769838 View attachment 1769839
Wow I was liking my reloading room until I saw this job. 👍

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Just curious because I don't see any stools/chairs in those pics. Do you all stand up to load? Topic has come up at the local club and it seems lots of guys load standing up. I however load while sitting in a nice comfy chair...can't imagine standing the whole time!
I load standing up. Used to load sitting down. Much less back strain loading while standing. I can load for much longer from the standing position. I built a new bench and made it tall enough.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts