Trapshooters Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Gary is doing the best that he can. I wish they would quit selling to those that are reselling shells at a profit. Last month I stopped by to pick up some shells for my SCTP team. A certain vendor at the WSRC had three shopping carts full of Federal varsity and Estate shells. I watched her purchase $3000 worth at that time. Turns out she is reselling them in her store for $2.50 A box more than she paid for them.
Those shells were the only ones available at the US Open. She did not sell those shells, she got them for the IDNR and they sold the Federals and the Estates and you had to prove that you had paid for an event in order to get the shells. If they had not purchased shells to re-sell there would have been nothing there.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
When I buy Diesel Fuel I fill my 3000 gal tank.
When my shell inventory is low I buy by the pallet.
There are 4 people in my family that shoot regularly .
We can run through a pallet in 6 weeks in the summer.
We purchased 50 flats of nitros at Sparta Sat afternoon and almost missed the singles shoot- off .
Henry
50 flats for the shoot off? That’s determination!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,441 Posts
50 flats for the shoot off? That’s determination!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But shoot offs running 3-400 shells are common. Logan Mountain vs Scott Obenchain ran to 375 before Scott dropped a target. That was after both contestants ran 200 singles and 100 doubles targets. Scott was the better handicap shooter so HAA had been awarded to him. Fun afternoon.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Was FOID card still required?
The clerk said he had to check the ammo back there.
He asked me for my FOID I told him I was from Indiana and didn't have one. He asked to see my Drivers License . I got it out and my Indiana , License To Carry a Handgun and gave him both.
He checked them out and gave them back and proceeded to ring me up.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Well, I could kind of see this coming. No more flats of shells out the door. Someone got their panties in a bunch and called and made a big stink. Now there are limits on shell purchases. The more I saw crap on here about sparta the more I was sure the boom would get lowered. People get on here about it and people elsewhere start getting mad cause they can't get any where there at or someone didn't beat the rush and didn't get any. Hope who ever called and complained is happy!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well, I could kind of see this coming. No more flats of shells out the door. Someone got their panties in a bunch and called and made a big stink. Now there are limits on shell purchases. The more I saw crap on here about sparta the more I was sure the boom would get lowered. People get on here about it and people elsewhere start getting mad cause they can't get any where there at or someone didn't beat the rush and didn't get any. Hope who ever called and complained is happy!
Bitchers ruin everything!
Thanks a lot crybabies!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I bought three flats at the Sparta Wal Mart today. They have a limit of three flats per customer. They had a good supply of Nitro27’s and Federals.

The Federal flats were two four packs in a box, not the usual 10 boxes.
Yeah, and three flats isn't a good start when your not a casual shooter. Shooting registered can eat shells at a good clip. The point is a person at Walmart was treating people decent and got bit for his kindness. All they've accomplished is making it harder for everyone else. Some people aren't happy unless everyone is as miserable as them.

·
Registered
32,614 Posts
The Federal flats were two four packs in a box, not the usual 10 boxes.
Federal sold that packing of a 8 box flat before when their Field and Clay shells were in the dark brown and back boxes. They were available only at Walmart had had a short run on them. They were 44 dollars if I recall.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Shrink-flation!

reduce the quantity and charge the same price. Or reduce the quantity 20% and drop the price 10%

When people just can't tolerate paying $75 a flat for promo shells, let them pay $60 for 8 boxes instead. Maybe charge $55 for a few months to get the consumer used to the 8 box package. Its why we have 10 box flats today instead of 20 box cases.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
The ones crying the loudest most likely have never been to Sparta and have no intentions of ever being there. Just a typical bitcher and usually worthless for everything else also.

Reactions: KS-OKIE

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Federal has been making those 8 box mini flats for years. Years ago I remember them for $39.95 but then I remember gas for .25 cents a gallon and Coke for a nickel. Everything has went up and will continue to do so. Such is life I guess.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I must be getting really old.

I remember when gas was .16 a gallon and Winchester AA Super Sporting shells were $3.42 a box.

Those were the good old days.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Shrink-flation!

reduce the quantity and charge the same price. Or reduce the quantity 20% and drop the price 10%

When people just can't tolerate paying $75 a flat for promo shells, let them pay $60 for 8 boxes instead. Maybe charge $55 for a few months to get the consumer used to the 8 box package. Its why we have 10 box flats today instead of 20 box cases.
I'm convinced they went to flats from full cases to ease my aching back from unloading them from the truck and loading them in the storeroom at the club I was working at then. ;)

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
We did have no limit here until some putses at the U S Open screwed it up. Fortunately, the Sparta Walmart gets ammo regularly throughout the year and I live close enough to get there from time to time. I did grab 3 mini flats of those Federal yesterday. Perfect throw aways for Sporting Clays. WSRC is about 4 miles away and has 3 courses.
I bet that place is a mad house during the Grand (I hope).

·
Registered
58 Posts
This showed up a little over a month ago at one of the PNW Walmarts that normally does not have much in the way of target ammo. Fellow shooters said there was 109 4 packs to start the morning and were all gone by about 2 pm. The next day the 3 box limit sign went up! Sportsman's Warehouse in our area has a 2 box limit?

61 - 80 of 101 Posts