Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday of the US OPEN Sparta Walmart received at least two skids of Winchester AA’s and Universal‘s. Me and my shooting buddy were able to get 6 cases each of AA’s. Could have gotten more but there are others that needed ammo. Thank you Walmart and Winchester. And the US OPEN was a great shoot.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Thursday of the US OPEN Sparta Walmart received at least two skids of Winchester AA’s and Universal‘s. Me and my shooting buddy were able to get 6 cases each of AA’s. Could have gotten more but there are others that needed ammo. Thank you Walmart and Winchester. And the US OPEN was a great shoot.
Curious.....what was the price? Seems odd Wal Mart would get shells before most of the trapshooting dealers.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
They are also a anti gun company. I wouldn't get ammo from them if it was free. When they didn't want me to carry, I have never been in a store nor will I ever. We shooters have to hold these anti gun companies to the fire .

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Not saying that it's a good thing, but unfortunately their business is so large, that they literally control the manufacturers.
That sucks. But on the flip side anytime anyways posts about getting shells from Walmart, they seem to be at a fair price. Prior to my stores getting rid of all the ammo, AAs and STS' were always priced per box about what you would pay per flat at a shoot.

·
Registered
32,614 Posts
They are also a anti gun company. I wouldn't get ammo from them if it was free. When they didn't want me to carry, I have never been in a store nor will I ever. We shooters have to hold these anti gun companies to the fire .
Wait a minute. If they are anti gun, why do they sell guns and hunting ammo and more target ammo than any other retailer???????? Yes, they have stopped some sales of guns and ammo, but usually that is local in nature and other times because of regulatory issues of local and or state laws.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Every Walmart I have been to gas had a 3 box limit, that was supposedly a corporate decision. Wonder why they allowed such a large purchase?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow.. some guys fuss when they can't get shells..... and now shells there are at Walmart and they fuss about that too.

Sure you say you'll never go into or be caught dead in...but I bet your wife does and probably the food your spitting out of your mouth about now came from Walmart.

Quit fussing. I'm glad shells are showing up again.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Wow.. some guys fuss when they can't get shells..... and now shells there are at Walmart and they fuss about that too.

Sure you say you'll never go into or be caught dead in...but I bet your wife does and probably the food your spitting out of your mouth about now came from Walmart.

Quit fussing. I'm glad shells are showing up again.
Amen brother. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Or something like that.......

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
The Sparta Walmart sits in the shadow of the WSRC. They get ammo quite regularly throughout the year.
Makes good corporate sense to make sure they are well stocked. WSRC has trap, skeet and 2 Sporting Clays courses that are quite popular with folks within this region. The Grand is the biggie for sure but not all that goes on there.
January thru March is real slow but otherwise they shoot there.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Wait a minute. If they are anti gun, why do they sell guns and why hunting and more target ammo than any other retailer???????? Yes, they have stopped some sales of guns and ammo, but usually that is local in nature and other times because of regulatory issues of local and or state laws.
Hey now, don’t be poking around here with your fancy pants common sense! 😉

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Walmart only bans carry when the State it's in does. During the pandemic they did 'ask' the customers to not open carry here in WI, but it was a request, the worst they could do is trespass you out if you got uppity about it. (Like several people did at our store about masks!) I did see some people open carrying during that time, but just a few.
Walmart is not an anti gun company. There are some anti- gun people, including Members of the board. Sam isn't alive anymore, and there have been changes since then, but despite some of the virtue signaling decisions from Bentonville, they not anywhere like Dick's. As mg1polo said, it is the biggest retail ammo seller in the world, though shooting itself in the foot (pun intended) by stopping carrying ARs and pistol ammo was not a smart decision.

Sure hope my store gets two pallets of AA's in. Case price is 10x the box price, which is $7.87.

Our store and others realize shotgunners buy by the case regulary, not just in an ammo panic. We ues the 3 box rule for the rifle ammo in the case.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I dont buy shotgun ammo, but I did see the sign above the ammo case/shelves, clearly stated “ 3 box limit per person per day”. I’m from PA, observed the sign at at least 5 different stores. I wasn’t looking for an argument, I was just surprised, as I thought it was a corporate thing.

Heck, I’m just happy to see some ammo hitting the shelves, guys in my area have been hurting to find ammo.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Entropy, I’m assuming you work for Walmart. Can’t speak for other areas, but the Walmart closest to me. ( Monaca Pa) has a no firearms sign on the sliding doors. They have also called the police on several people carrying or suspected of carrying in the store. Wish everything was across the board with chain stores, it would make life a little easier.

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
My closest Walmart had 4 boxes of handicap AA’s a couple weeks ago. Told clerk I would take 3 boxes like sign said but she told me that was 3 boxes total, but only 1 box of each kind. I told her not worth my trouble for 1 box and they had no other ammo.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts