Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doc said i will be stuck in this pillow for 6-8 weeks.
So Figured I can hang around the club and let everyone know why the are missing. I can also let them know what kind if gun and shells to buy. I can also tell you how you should be reloading.
For those of you that are too far away, just pm me and I can fix you right up .
Looking forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
516 Posts
So Figured I can hang around the club and let everyone know why the are missing. I can also let them know what kind if gun and shells to buy. I can also tell you how you should be reloading.
I will tell you right now, you may find some stiff competition.

Every club I have been associated with already has that person.

Good luck in your endeavor to top them.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Veteran of two. Do the PT. Surgery does help,but it will take long enough that the clubhouse will be glad when you are shooting again. Good luck and fast recovery.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Listen to you physical therapist and do the work. I have had surgery on both shoulders and they both turned out better than before.
Right shoulder destroyed in fall. Will never raise above shoulder without assistance. Left rotator torn and ligaments never re-attached to bone. not enough strength in left arm to hold gun up on forearm. Hold under the trigger guard with left hand. No amount of PT will help either one. They have told me this. Only surgical repair. Still shoot about 300 targets a week and bowl 4 leagues a week with an 11 lb. ball. Have resisted replacement on either because #1 I am 82 years old. #2 Minimum of 8 months recovery time. I live alone so is difficult to get along with just 1 arm at a time. #3 very little pain in either side or i am so used to it it not bother me much. #4 (most important) they only give me a 50% chance of it working. Curious what choice others would make faced with these results. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
915 Posts
if your p/t tells you to try and swim to the moon go get you some stout trunks, do what ever they say and a little more the more you follow their instructions the quicker you can get back in the shooting groove good luck

Mac

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had my left shoulder done about 12 years ago. It was always sore and it took six months of steroid shots and attempts at PT before insurance would approve MRI and surgery. MRI was not conclusive. Sometimes they don't know what is actually wrong until they stick a camera in there. Turned out I had SLAP lesion. Bicep tendon was coming off the labrum. They reattached with blue string. Literally tied the tendon back to the bone. Surgeon said to expect 4 months to recover. He was about right. I did it in three. I was not shooting in those days but surfing. I am told that as they wheeled me into the OR, half knocked out on Versed I shouted "I will surf again". Break the curve. Go to the gym every day once PT starts and emulate what they have you do in PT. My left shoulder is pain free to this day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Best of luck, no surgery is ever easy. I'm sure your expertise will be appreciated, there is certainly a dearth of opinions on this site.

·
Premium Member
19,866 Posts
I had a torn rotator cuff and a bone spur in my right shoulder a few years back. Good luck and do what your PT yells you.

Reactions: popeye77
1 - 20 of 28 Posts