Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Sorry guys,I don't know if the problem is the Majic Mouse or the Imac computer.I generally check after a posting and everything looks ok. The next time I check I have multiple entries. Never had this problem when i had a P.C.....SMOKIT

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
SMOKIT--I don't know what it is either. I don't want you to get scared and not post. I'm not familar with that Majic Mouse but you may want to try a different one and see if the problem continues. I use a $25 wireless mouse from Wal Mart made by Logitech on my Laptop. Never had any issues like that. Maybe yours has soem settings or something that isn't right.---Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
if excessive pressure can move the point of impact on a thick barrel then why not on a thinner tube like a shotgun--andif there is any doubt ??? this is a mind game so give yourself the edge--i startd with 80 grit on mine

·
Premium Member
11,916 Posts
Given the type of shooting done with shotguns, I can't imagine there would be any noticeable benefit to having a free floating barrel.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
On my Alfermann the forearm latch housing bottoms out on a shelf on each side of the barrel lug. You can slip a piece of paper thru any area between the forearm wood and the barrel. I think this is a good but little known feature..SMOKIT

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
The end of the forend is effectively part of the latching on most guns. If the bbl is not in contact at that point the forend will feel loose. If that doesn't bother you then go for it. I glas bed the forend tip to about "0" pressure but no movement. But that's just me. I'm sure there are other and easy ways to do it too. I have one old Perazzi that has a sticky back round felt pad in it about 1/32" thick and it fits just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.