Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be near a regional supplier with great prices on reloading supplies in a couple of weeks. I'm usually near there in late winter and early autumn. I usually stock-up then and save a tank of gas.

I don't really need a lot right now, a couple of thousand wads and some shot. His shot prices are better than what I see most folks paying on here. I can save about $10/bag with high quality home-made from a guy with hit-or-miss supply and who is hard to meet-up with. I'll probably buy a moderate supply of shot. If the maker of the home-made shot and I cross paths during the shooting season when he has some for sale, I'll probably supplement my supply with some of that.

I am looking a my powder supply. I probably have enough to last until my next winter trip and almost certainly have enough to last until the fall trip.

Soooo, if he has powders I could use, should I buy now? I hate to exaggerate the supply problems with this quasi-hoarding behavior, but I don't want to be stuck powderless in the future.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Doesn't sound like hoarding to me, just good common sense, why waste a tank of gas in a couple months when you're there now. Also while you are picking up your supplies ask your buddies if they need anything, sometimes you can get a small price break for bulk or full case buys. Ross Puls

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
There's no time like now..

Certainly, prices wont decrease, go for it.

Two years worth of components, IMO, is not hoarding.

Regards....Gerald

·
Registered
947 Posts
The way our gov't is now you never know what's going to happen next. They are the ones who caused all this so I say plan ahead and get it while your sure you can

warren

·
0 Posts
How much is your supplier charging for shot? I refuse to pay over $40. Over $40 and I'll shoot new Kemens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts