Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every reloading place I know of has no shotshell reloading primers or powder in stock, but metallic primers and powder are everywhere. What is up with that? Is there more people reloading shotshells that metallic ammo?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Recob's Target Shop in Wisconsin, is a Federal Ammunition Distributor. I have been trying since the end of August to buy some 3 dram (1200 fps if you prefer) Gold Medal loads, either platic or paper. Except for a few 2 1/2 dram loads, they have NO Federal shells, and no Federal primers, along with a lot of nothing of almost everything else.

They have been very good at holding prices to "reasonable". When products become available again I will remember those sellers who did not take advantage of their customers.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
If you shop aroud you can get primers (although the supply is much tighter than it used to be). Shot "IS" available,but prices are exceedingly high now. With the EPAs assault on lead, that could change in the future driving prices even higher! Wads are plentiful. The real problem, at the moment, seems to be Powder. I have become much less picky and buy what I can we it is available. I think many people are hoarding and demand is High for all types of ammo. Many people are concerned about attacks on our 2nd ammendment rights and as long as the current liberal administration is in power, I don't see any let up in sight.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Local shop had Red Dot, Green Dot, Clay Dot, Lots of primers, lots of wads, & shot. No Hodgdon Clays ..... but I made do with what they had!

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts