Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shotmaker setups

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Nutso 
#1 ·
Howdy guys

Can someone post/pm me pics of their shotmaking setup with dimensions. I am still trying to determine how to make a cooling reservoir with a way to catch the shot and swap catchers without stopping the process.

Thanks
Todd

#2 ·
There is only 1 machine setup I have seen that cycles the shot threw and doesnt stop. Thats the chipmakers and it haqs HIGH VOLUME everything! I been makeing it 2 years now and I found a tall stainless square can. Its about 3ft tall and I plumbed in 2 drains and the over flow. Your best bet at first is to not think too big until you have the process down. Its best not to mess up 200pds do something small you can run 30-50pds in easy.

At first all I used was a 50cal ammo can set inside of a plastic tote and I would just let it run and flow over till the coolant got hot.You could probly do the same with a bigger ammo can. I cant get pictures of mine tonight but I will try to in the next few days for you.

Jerry Lewis

#4 ·
Go to U-tube. There are many systems you can take a look at while their running. I use a 20mm ammo can inside a plastic tub. Then a homemade wire basket inside the 20mm can that the shot drops into. I just exchange wire baskets about every 30 minutes. The over flow of coolant goes into the tub and after I remove a basket I use a battery powered hand suction pump ($20 at Northern Tool) to fill the 20mm can back to the top with coolant. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.