Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really enjoy checking out old shotguns that I see at weekend shoots. The more patina the better. Nothing better then a 1970ies model BT-99 with the bluing worn down were the owner holds it. I bet that gun has some stories to tell.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I really enjoy checking out old shotguns that I see at weekend shoots. The more patina the better. Nothing better then a 1970ies model BT-99 with the bluing worn down were the owner holds it. I bet that gun has some stories to tell.
The old bt-99 takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I look at hold shotguns and also wonder about the stories it could tell if it could talk. I also always wonder how many owners have enjoyed shooting them.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
One of the hardest decisions to make when owning or buying a gun is when is it time to get it refinished. There comes a point where it just needs to be done but it is always hard to pull the trigger. When I buy a used gun that is well used I have to look at it and decide if it is beyond the point of just "patina" and in need of a refinish, or should I keep it original. My breaking point is when I pick it up and say, man, that guns is worn out, then it is time.

·
Read Only
129 Posts
My guns would be saying, he wasted a lot of time, couldn't use me correctly, but he took good care of me.
Mine would be a little different . . something like this I suspect.
‘Things were going along well I thought, then he just disappeared for 20 years. Now he comes back and expects everything will be the same and we’ll just pick up where we left off. Well, we’ll see about that!’

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Patina and honest wear - gotta love it. Bluing worn off the corners of the receiver and the right side of the trigger guard = well loved shotgun.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Patina is not worn off blueing, it's rust. It can be rubbed down with 0000 steel wool so it's a nice brown, but it's still rust. I have many guns with nice Michigan patina.:22a: Only nine of them are over a hundred years old. Yes, I bet they do have some stories.

·
Registered
695 Posts
i shot with an older gent that was shooting a tm1 that had no bluing left and the wood was well worn and almost black on the grip looked like a million mile gun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts