Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who reblues shotgun barrels. I have a O/U Perazzi barrel that I recently bought that definitely needs to be reblued. Who does this kind of work? Please let me know your experiences with rebluing. Thanks Frank

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I inquired with Giacomo about rebluing an mx8 barrel I remember them being fairly reasonable, as stated above Glenrock was another name that kept popping up as a good choice but I sold the gun before I had anything done.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Be aware that "hot blue" and P-gun over/under barrels are not compatible. Giacomo (Dan) will not do you wrong, anyone else, I would ask how they are going to accomplish the task.

Reactions: skeet_man

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't know how far you are from Racine, WI, but I just talked to Kolar Arms about doing some bluing for me. Of course there is a danger there.......a visit could lead to a factory tour and even a stock fitting for a Kolar gun.

WB

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I had Simmons do a m12 and a superposed and both looked great. I forget what I paid but I’m thinking $300 a piece.

Darr

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
My MX2000 is at Giacomo right now for reblueing and stock refinisging. I asked a similar question here and out of 50 responses, 47 said Giacomo. I am very impressed with their service so far. They keep me informed every step of the way and answer email within the hour. Nuala is my contact and she is wonderful to work with. For a complete refinishing of stock and metal, they estimate 4-6 weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts