Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas.Our trap and skeet club has recently been government inspected fo certification and the inspector deemed there was a chance some of our shotfall may be leaving the property. What we need to be able to continue shooting is chart or software pkg. showing the pellet trajectories of various pellet sizes including lead and steel shot in sizes 7 71/2 8 and 9's. Shotgun ballistics seem to be very hard to find online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Brian.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wadhopper. Much appreciated. Now I just need the same type of info on Steel shot. It looks like that might have to be considered. Thanks again. Brian

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,144 Posts
Thanks wadhopper. Much appreciated. Now I just need the same type of info on Steel shot. It looks like that might have to be considered. Thanks again. Brian
Anytime, lots of great information on this forum.
Seems to me that the entity requiring this information should have it available as a guideline for clubs to follow?
Then again, anything government related is bound to be so full of holes it resembles a tin can and a brick of .22’s

·
5,391 Posts
7-1/2 lead goes 209 yards, steel flies shorter... what else do you need to know?

What is the distance downrange or from Skeet stations 1 and 7 to the side property lines?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Questions for [email protected] :

In which state are you located?

Which level government agency? ....Federal? ....State?....County? ....Local?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
One more item to consider: prevailing wind! A steady, stiff breeze can add 50 yards to shot flight, a gale a lot more.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The NRA Shooting Range Resourse book has the accepted standard(s) to which the fall out zone should be. If you PM me I will have it at hand tomorrow and can provide you the figures to which the inspector should be referencing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replys. Much appreciated. A shot screen on our range would need to b probably 150' high as a resultof a hillside behind the traps. I guess what i'm really looking for are steel pellet trajectories (size 7,8 and 9) How far do the pellets go before hitting the ground when fired at a trap target? I understand there are a lot of ranges in California that are required to use steel shot. Anyone? Thanks in advance Brian.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts