Trapshooters Forum banner

SHOT ! ! ! ! ! !

6188 Views 45 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  ltsc1
Our local gun club just informed us they are getting a shipment of shot in - 23 tons of it ! ! !

Price will be $43 a bag plus state sales tax !

Hallelujah ! !
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
8,719 Posts
I thought I just read an article in American Rifleman (?), it said currently there're only three shot towers in N. America, one Federal, (sorry, it's Winchester) one Remington, and another one in Mexico.

Wonder what shots your club just got?

· Premium Member
8,110 Posts
I thought I just read an article in American Rifleman (?), it said currently there're only three shot towers in N. America, one Federal, one Remington, and another one in Mexico.

Wonder what shots your club just got?
So, I wonder where Winchester gets its shot from and where West Coast/Lawrence is made. And I seem to recall Federal gets its shot from a tower in Australia.

· Registered
8,719 Posts
I read the article in America Rifleman again, the currently active three shot towers in N. America are:
Winchester in IL., Remington, and Aguila in Mexico.

· Premium Member
8,110 Posts
The bags of West Coast I have say "made in the USA." If the artice is correct, West Coast/Lawrance is made for Mayco under contract by one of the others. Since Mayco is located in/near e St. Louis, I'm putting my money on Win as the contract manufacturer, and the Win shot tower is in Alton, IL.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
I don't have any additional info, was told it happened just before the bankruptcy by a large Remington distributor.
I was in the middle of buying 60 or so bags of STS shot from him and were were talking about why (at the time) STS shot was so hard to find and he told me it was the leftover shot from running target loads. Remington didn't drop shot specifically for the reloading market, they just bagged and sold what they didn't use in shotshell production according to him.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.