Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the shot cut off off work. Powder Cut off easy to understand, however, what does the wire at the shot bottle do. How to manipulate the cut off. Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
41 Posts
How does the shot cut off off work. Powder Cut off easy to understand, however, what does the wire at the shot bottle do. How to manipulate the cut off. Thanks, Ron
The shot rotor cut off lever when pushed away from the front of the press activates the shot drop. To shut off the shot drop pull the shot rotor lever towards the front of the press. The wire clip supposedly reduces the possibility of the shot rotor being moved by action of the charge bar. I have filed the wire clip recess on my shot rotor for a better purchase when the rotor is shut off. Having improved the hold of the wire clip on the rotor, it still is loose enough for me to move the rotor by hand without touching the wire clip. I have not had any unexpected shot drop issues due to movement of the rotor by the charge bar, despite this. Most of your unexpected shot drops will be the result of poor focus as I have experienced.
Good luck with your press.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My guess is that you bought it used with on operation manual or parts breakdown. The shot is cut off by swiveling the plate with your thumb/finger. The wire spring holds it in place until you want to turn on the shot again. Go on the Hornady site, might be an operation manual you can download.

·
Registered
258 Posts

Here's the instructions.

Reactions: leftex
1 - 4 of 4 Posts