Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to my gun club today and arrived a little early to meet some friends and I noticed a group of 4 guys shooting trap so I decided what the heck Ill give it a try. I politely asked if I could join their squad ,I didnt recieve much of an answer except for a nod and a grunt or two.Everything went well as I was on station 3(they called it a post)without a miss and finished with a nice 24!Not too bad as I was shooting my 20 gauge with cylinder chokes.However I have determined that I am not qualified to be a trapshooter the reasons are as follows.

1.I do not own a gun with a 34 inch barrel(s)
2.I do not own a pair of Big Smith overalls(size 56 minimal)or a pair of 14eee broghans heck I dont even have a stetson or a John Deere cap!
3.I do not like potted meat luncheon meat RC colas or hoop cheese( that canned squirt cheese aint bad though)
4.I have a doberman with more personality.Not one good shot or atta boy was said, one guy hasnt smiled in over a year
5.I have more than 1 branch in my family tree!
6.I would get bored shooting at 100 low 7s even if I was 31 yards from them!

Oh yes the one I missed only happened because ole Tex (who was on my left) belched soooo loud I got a fast pull musta been them sardines.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Trap shooters generally get a little nervous around skeet shooters so maybe that was the problem -- it helps if you remove your skirt and put on a pair of pants before approaching the trap fields.

Hope you give it another go in the future.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Now that the line is in the water all we have to do is wait.Jeff

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Dang ... I never thought about trap being like low 7 but it kind of is and as every skeet shooter knows ya never miss low 7, well almost never miss.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yeah that 24 was a little much, would have been much more believable if he had only said 23.

Nobody shoots a 24 on there first time out.

E

·
0 Posts
Tron,

I believe that you could take some lessons from this one. Good thread puppies. You may have to wait a bit, but a big one is sure to bite!

ec90t

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Wow he IS a great shoot, I've been shooting for 40 years and still have a hard time breaking a 24 sometimes. My John Deere hat is off to you. Now let's put a hundred dollar bill on 25 from the 16 yard line and shoot for it!!!!
Don

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
probably used illegal loads. wonder if anyone checked his shells when he got done shooting. 20 gauge???? wow. Guess I'll have to trade in my gun for a smaller/lighter one. YEA must be ilegal loads after all. Might have used #9 shot for the 16 yard line. Woops that IS legal. motordoc

·
Registered
401 Posts
Motordoctor, this guy or girl will soon be in the market for snapcaps and I'll tell her or him that you make the best....
R.T.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
He forgot to say he was holding that gun upside down, shooting 30 year old ammo that he found in his basement after the flood.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This poster surely jests. If he broke 24 with an open choke 20 guage I guess I might have to call him Sir. But then there are shooters that are that good no matter what the game is. I saw the Bender guy, skeet shooter, break a 199 at the Grand two years ago. The say another Skeeter, Mayes, got to the 27 yard line in one summer. But I have the sinking feeling this is just a "wanna be" pulling out collective chains. If had said Tex belched because of Vienas instead of sardines I would be more apt to believe him. But you never know. Like they said....ON THE OTHER HAND........SHE HAD WARTS.

Shhot well

Big Al

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.