Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOT MAKERS

3K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  straycat 
#1 ·
Any way possible you could post some pics of your set up. It would be interesting to see some other machines.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

#3 ·
slick50,

10:15 last night just didn't work.

Tried several times to respond but the ‘page could not be displayed’, or ‘cannot find server’.

Hope the following isn’t a duplicate ……

Always interested in new 'toys'. You're right about price, Eagle is in the mid 20's and due to go up again...... I shot above average and the team took high for the day and moved into second place..... All scores were up. Weather was great but with a tricky wind. Seven more dates so anything can/will happen.

Be well.

Doug

#7 ·
i also have 1 of Jim Stewarts shot makers. It looks just like a Littleton but has a cast iron laddle.Jim told me he had designed it and Littleton stole his idea as it was not pattend. Mine is 220 with 7 drippers he told me he also makes 14 dripper model. I have had mine about a month and have made about 500-600 lbs. of shot with no problems

#11 ·
I have the 7-dripper, 220 volt model. Paid $375.00. Not making shot yet, but still working on setting it all up.

I have melted about 1300 lbs of lead into ingots, but a question came to mind. Why can't I just place the wheel weights on the shotmaker ladle instead of going thru the whole melting process. I'll be watching, and could skim the impurities off as needed!

Jim suggested I call with any questions, but I didn't think to ask this one.

He's a great guy to talk to and do business with.

Sorry, no pictures!

Danny

#12 ·
BVR tail I discourage trying to direct melt in the laddel there is alot of dross to be skim and the drippers will plug quite easily. To clean plugged drippers I heat them with a torch and then give them a quick blast with compressed air(be careful you will be spraying molten lead} Anyone know where to get sieves for sizing shot?

#16 ·
Here is a picture of my compact shot maker. I use water soluble oil to cool the shot although it a little hard to get off the shot. I bought five gallons at the bulk gas plant soluble several years back and still have enough to run shot.... After the oil and water mixture is not used for a while it needs stirring with an electric drill motor and a mini paint mixing paddle.

#17 ·
BVR TAIL ... There so much crud on the wheel weights that I get It is easier to clean and cast in one step and make the shot later. I have found that if I store the ingots in plastic buckets with the lids on, the lead does not oxidize but will stay bright. .......................

Sprinklerman Since I usually only make # 7 1/2 I found a hardware cloth mesh size
which gets the over size shot out. Make a wood frame for the hardware cloth to make it easy to use. If you have some factory shot take it down to your hardware and use to find the correct size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.