Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Experience has shown me that the length of time the smaller shot sizes stay on the lip (ramp) of the shotmaker, the less round the pellet is at the end. By tipping the shotmaker up at the rear a bit more, I was able to speed up the pellet a bit on its way to the coolantand it seemed to help. Most of them looked like little footballs prior to that.

JK

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have been making shot for a while ... the softer the lead the bigger the shot ... the size of the drip determines the size of the shot ... I've talked with Jim Stewart about this subject ... and I have come to the conclusion that if you can make good round 8 1/2's ... u're doing good ... along with that try raising the back as the other Thread indicated ... can't hurt trying it

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I've also found that the softer the lead the larger the shot. Using all kinds of miscellaneous lead, my #8 drippers will produce about 60% #8's, 5% 8.5 or smaller, and the rest 7.5's or larger. Still round with a very small divot. Not the same with the old wheel weights. 90% came out #8's.

·
Registered
531 Posts
up in the back of the shotmaker,and lower your lead in the ladel,and strait wheelweights,no soft lead.....,from wive learned from jim stewart(thanks jim),and if you get 8.5's that look good,,,,,be happy,mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.