Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone show or tell me about their setups? I got dads shot making setup out after 6 years of sitting. It’s not great but it works, just trying to make things easier cause making shot is a lot of work. I will post pics tomorrow but basically there is a basket inside the tank that holds the shot. The overflow just goes into a bucket, would like to have it circulate to keep the liquid cooler. Also saw one on YouTube where the shot went down into another tray below the tank in a screen and the coolant went below that into an overflow tank (3 levels). Looking for simple, compact, and effective. Also, if anyone has a nice setup like that for sale, I’d be interested. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,889 Posts
Can anyone show or tell me about their setups? I got dads shot making setup out after 6 years of sitting. It’s not great but it works, just trying to make things easier cause making shot is a lot of work. I will post pics tomorrow but basically there is a basket inside the tank that holds the shot. The overflow just goes into a bucket, would like to have it circulate to keep the liquid cooler. Also saw one on YouTube where the shot went down into another tray below the tank in a screen and the coolant went below that into an overflow tank (3 levels). Looking for simple, compact, and effective. Also, if anyone has a nice setup like that for sale, I’d be interested. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a really nice single pot setup.
Complete with infinity switch for accurate pot Temps. 240 volt, 10 gallon coolant tank, with cooler. All stainless construction, produces approx. 120 lbs per hour.
MG
Shot Maker A..jpg

·
Premium Member
6,889 Posts
MG, that is impressive. I am sure it pales in comparison to your beast that drops 500 lb/hr.
Thank you,
The 500 lb an hour set up is really cool.
It is basically 4 of those same pots, dripping into a 30 gallon tank. The 30 gallon tank is also constant cooled to 80 deg. The only issues is the beast draws damn near 10,000 watts of 240 v.
I run it twice a year, 2 days, approx. 5 hours each day. Then spend the next 4 days, rinsing, drying, sizing and then vibrating the graphite in.
I have 2 other shooters that assist in the project, including the smelting.
They also benefit from the rewards.
The balance of my shot comes in small batches from the setup above.
MG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts