Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run across something you guys with a shot maker may want to try. I do some cast bullets and lead tends to stick to molds like it does on the shot makers /drippers . I tried some Kroil on the molds[ says it will unstick anything] It works the stuck lead will release on metal and aluminum. I had my shotmaker {Jims} down and cleaned up for the summer. I soaked it with the Kroil and blotted the wet off and fired it up . After it got to temp and the smoking [not much] stopped I added the lead. guess what NO slow drippers. When i run out 50lbs I tipped the maker back , when it cooled the layer of tin that is always onthe drippers flaked off. It does not replace the chalk or moly on the lip- but I know from the molds they dont rust and work great. I know you have heard not to get any oil on molds but that is BS that the old farts say . This works i soaked all my molds and blott dry start casting rick

·
Registered
211 Posts
For those customers with my Permacoat Coating on the lip please DO NOT remove the coating. Thanks, James Stewart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.