Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at my local dealers last night and they said next shipment of shot was going up from $34 to $37.50. I guess I should of bought a ton last summer when it was $27.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like the other componets I use have not changed yet, IE: downrange wads, E-3 powder and Win primers as of yet and I stocked up on those.

·
Registered
154 Posts
$60 bucks a bag here in Newfoundland...

If I could get it for $35. I would buy a ton..

Wads, primers and powder is also nearly double here for what it is in the USA..

Primers are $9. per hundred as an example..

I still shoot 5-10 thousand rounds a year though...

Robert

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't reloaded in years because of this. It's just as cost-effective to buy factories these days, especially considering the time involved. Is anyone still reloading, and why? Just curious. Also, I was considering buying reclaimed shot, or home-made, or even attempting to make it myself. Anyone had any luck, or can give any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I can still load a flat of 1250 fps handicap loads which are equivalent to a Nitro, Federal and/or Winchester at a $35.00 savings.

Makes sense to me.

Curt

·
Banned
681 Posts
Cabelas, Bass Pro and others are allways sky high on there shot prices. Best to get it from a bulk supplier at the larger shoots.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Damn glad i stocked up a bit when it was $31/bag here. I needed it at the time and i guess i should have bought more. My last bag is in my loader now but i've got enough loaded for at least the first half of the year. I'm scared to call my supplier and ask what its at now.

Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.