Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun Club opened up and I shot a couple of rounds the other day. First time since the first part of February. I had to pick a day with 20+ mph winds in my face but did OK. You all know the old saying, "When the winds in you're face, pack your case." But it was such a nice day in the upper 70's, I just couldn't resist. Everything is starting to open up here on the Gulf Coast, which is good because I'm shortly going to have a "Poney tail."....

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Ah , any shooting is better then sitting at home !! We went out a few times & it was 50 F and 20 to 25 MpH wind from the left . Talk about entertainment and how easy it is to miss a straight away target :) :)

·
Keystone Shooter
2,124 Posts
My son loves the wind. He says the wind is your friend. He shoots the birds quick, right out of the house. Before the wind can affect them. He says most shooters let the bird get out there and there in is the problem. The wind catches them and off they go. His scores remain constant in the wind. While others become erratic.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I hate the wind, doesn't matter if I'm shooting, golfing, hunting, walking or cutting the grass, I just plain don't like the wind, it tires me out

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Back when I was a serious competitor shooting in registered tournaments, I LOVED it when the wind was blowing simply because so many shooters let littles things like that get into their heads. Some of the comments here and previous posts concerning wind have proven me correct on this.

Personally, it never really mattered to me.

Could that be why my scores always seemed to be really good compared to the rest of the field?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the answer to my last question!

I always said, if you want to be a true champion, you need to be willing and able to shoot well anywhere, anytime, in all weather conditions against any competitor.

If you develop that mindset, you'll be tough to beat!!!!!!!

If not, be prepared to loose!

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I always hated the wind when doing an oil change, Seemed like it was always waiting for me to pull the pan plug and filter. :raincloud: Fortunately I can pay to have it done now.

Bob Falfa

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I love to shoot in the wind. Makes it challenging. But like most have said get on them fast or it'll be a loss. I still forget a man can't pee into the wind, I'll be cleaning my shoes for the second straight Sunday!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, I'm a fast shooter. I've always believed "speed kills." If I think about the target, it's lost. Aiming is my nemesis, it always has been. Because when I aim I stop the gun dropping back into the "one-eyed" shooter syndrome of computing a tangent angle and aiming the gun there.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you worry too much about shooting in the wind,that's all you will hit! Hold a little lower to be ready for low and high driven targets.
Joe

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Out East here it seemed to have been windy from November straight through February. March into April was some nice shooting. Than came CV. We are digging out of the CV hole now and shooting is opening backup. Good shooting.

·
Keystone Shooter
2,124 Posts
Shot today in the wind. Two 25’s. Had to really concentrate and stay in the gun. Only had one chip. A pretty big chip. The bird zigged when I zagged. But still got it. Dead bird.

·
Premium Member
19,241 Posts
Here around Amarillo, the wind is always a factor. Britt Robinson taught me that a north wind---raise your hold, south wind--lower your hold!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts