1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
My buddy got into a argument at the Louisville gun show last weekend.

A guy was selling Ely ammo for a crazy high price, and my friend offered to sell him some cheaper, and assured him they would still make money, and asked why he had to triple the price of his ammo.

The salesman really went off on him, and they exchanged words about price gouging.

My friend didn't need any ammo, he has a basement full of various types he has had for years, but wanted to find out why this man was so greedy.

Supply and demand, I guess.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Human nature to a degree. I hoard some food items like coffee, by buying whenever I can get it at 5 bucks or less. So I don't run out of coffee and have to pay 8.99. I don't clean out the shelves when a good deal comes up, either. I leave some for other people.

I suppose I would have bought a bunch of rimfire if I had known the extent of the stupidity but I have 2 boxes of 525.

It's another leap to the gouging syndrome, which is basically greed at work. Greed is not a good emotion, look at Washington DC.

Our country was not founded on greed.

Does owning 60 guns constitute greed?

HM

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought 3 bags of Starbucks coffee at Costco when they had $5 coupon. But I don't turn around and sell them at regular price.

Yesterday at the gun show (where that picture was taken), I bought tickets for my friend who drives, using my coupons for both.

But he went to ticket booth while I was talking to the NRA guys, now I have an extra ticket in my hand, instead of going to the ticket booth for a questionable refund, I asked a woman walking from parking lot to the ticket booth, offered her my extra ticket at after coupon price. And told her I'll go in the gate with her, give me money after she gets in.

She hand me the money without a second thought. And thank me for the discount price. Everyone's happy, except the gun show made $1 less. LOL

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
The WalMart just north of where I live has .22 on Tuesday morning when they restock the ammo inventory ... I have plenty so I don't bother going up there to get some but they do get it in every week ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

When someone buys a home for $20,000.

The housing market rises.

Sells that house to willing buyers for $200,000 and then retires to a more comfortable climate in order to shoot trap year round, fish...

Is that evil price gouging ?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
If people wouldn't buy it for ridiculous prices he wouldn't sell it for ridiculous prices. I wouldn't price gouge but I'm not offended by those that do it.

Darr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts