Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about shooting with music does it help keep you focused and help your mind not wonder? Is it worth trying?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Definitely worth trying and seeing if it helps you at all.

I listen to music when I compete. However, I make sure the volume is low enough to hear any commands or for potential safety issues.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree with Claypoppy, but if you're just out there for fun why not have a little music and maybe even dance.

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
No one can answer that for you. Some can't shoot without it, others couldn't shoot with it. I tried it, couldn't stand having that noise in my ears while trying to concentrate. I love listening to music while I am out in my shop working or sitting around the house, but not on the line.

If you want to try it, then try it and see. No one else can tell you how you will react to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I gave music a try a couple years ago while shooting was fine except for not being able to hear what was going on around me or the scores as you would move from post to post. Several people I know won't shoot without music but not for me. Only you will be able to decide for yourself.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,763 Posts
Maybe meditation type instrumental music without lyrics would be best..... prevents empty thoughts from creeping in and may keep you focused. I can do either , but am starting to enjoy shooting with my AfterShokz Aeroplex set-up. It’s a “bone conduction” headset that still allows you to use your own ear plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I do not think it would help me. Ain’t gonna happen. Once shot the state shoot with a couple who had their music. She developed some sort of problem. Either batteries or some other Sony Walkman issue occurred. 15 minute delay to get her music where she needed it before we would continue.

I don't want to be that guy! Left a bad impression.

Dusty

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
I do not think it would help me. Ain’t gonna happen. Once shot the state shoot with a couple who had their music. She developed some sort of problem. Either batteries or some other Sony Walkman issue occurred. 15 minute delay to get her music where she needed it before we would continue.

I don't want to be that guy! Left a bad impression.

Dusty
What happened to the "5 minute rule" / common courtesy thing? Did the whole squad agree to wait that long? I doubt the guys that I shoot with a lot and I included would wait that long. Let them make it up on the practice squad.

·
Vendor
765 Posts
I had never hit a 200, Brad Dysinger talked me into trying it as he was shooting great using music. I broke a 200 in May and broke 3 more that year. I listened to soft nature music one called natural stress relief.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts