Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be on a cane for a few weeks and I want to shoot .what do you guys that use them do with them when your on the line? is there some kind of holder?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can stand just fine but walking is a bit of a task I have been working with my gun and don't think that it would be an issue

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I occasionally shoot with a gentleman who uses a cane to walk. He has a leather strap(string would work) with one of those spring loaded climbing type clips through the leather strap. He then clips it to his belt loop while shooting. This way he doesn't lose track of it or drop it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds like it would work ill have to see if i have one around and try it .or ill just have to have the wife stand behind me im sure she will enjoy that

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
We have a gentleman that uses a self standing cane. The one with the legs on the bottom, he does just fine.

Ajax

·
Registered
770 Posts
I can stand just fine but walking is a bit of a task I have been working with my gun and don't think that it would be an issue
Good. As one of the responders said, a footed cane that can stand by itself would be the ticket. Get back out there. All the best. Ed

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like you have one of those new "T" handle alum. canes . Get rid of it and get a old style wood cane with a curved handle on it . Use the curved handle to hang it in your hip pocket . Easy to reach when you have to move but out of the way when you have to shoot . Been working for me for over 40 years .

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys i hope to only be on 3 or 4 weeks (just had a hip replaced) was thinking a belt style hammer hook may work also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts