Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...Been out of trap for awhile, setting set to start back and have just gotten a Mdl 12 trap. Have never shot one...anyone still shoot one? Anything different or particular about shooting one? Thanks WC

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
If I could only figure how to reset the release shooting left handed, I would still be shooting my old Model 12.

Big Jack

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
WC, I think the mod 12 is one of the best guns you can find. They are target crushers and best of all, you don't need a Gunsmiths phone # on speed dial as they were made to last forever. Good decision on your part. Larry Evans

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I own and shoot several Model 12's, no such thing as a bad Model 12 only some are better than others ... I think one of the biggest mistakes I ever made was to quit shooting my Model 12, probably start shooting it again real soon ... When I do I will probably have a bunch of Perazzi's for sale to eliminate that problem from happening again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I'm with WPT on this one. I won our state singles in 2001 shooting my Mod. 12. A year or two later I decided I needed a better gun. I have shot a Ljutic, Kreighoff and several others I won't mention. I am presently shooting a Perazzi TMX and a MX 14L. My 16 yd. avg. has steadily gone down since I quit shooting the Mod. 12. I have gone from AA to A class. Get that Mod. 12 and go shoot it.

Good luck

Steve Elliott

·
Registered
684 Posts
I just put some parts together today I had laying around, its not pretty but I bet this old M-12 will bring home some bacon tonight.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I shoot 3 K-guns and love them but I just bought a mod 12 from a very good friend and love it also---I had to quit shooting some yrs ago to raise my family and the day I quit--- I shot my mod 12 for the last time---Broke a 25---went home and it sat in my safe for 20 yrs---took it out and broke another 25---Now I am a big deal---sold the mod 12---It ended up with a friend---tried to buy it back---He wanted $2000.00---I then bought this one---Still shooting K-guns but I have the 12 for back up---What a gun the mod 12's are---gL---SJB---

·
Registered
734 Posts
I like the older guns. All you have to do is point them in the right direction. I had my M12 out last week to shoot practice doubles. I wasn't keeping score, but I suspect M12 was doing about what my Perazzi normally does. With the fixed full choke there was a little more smoke on the first bird, but what the heck?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.