Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I know the answer to my question will depend on how fast a trapshooter gets on a bird and what choke he is using but here goes:

How far from the trap house does an average club shooter at the 16 yard line hit the bird? Is there any rule of thumb on what is ideal?

Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gentlemen,

I know the answer to my question will depend on how fast a trapshooter gets on a bird and what choke he is using but here goes:

How far from the trap house does an average club shooter at the 16 yard line hit the bird? Is there any rule of thumb on what is ideal?

Thanks

John

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Lets see how my answer stacks up to the others, around 32-35 yards out is where most targets break unless you are very fast or pretty slow. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
There are two events shot from the 16 yard line. Singles and doubles. Since doubles shooters know the path of the targets, some can hit the first bird as close as 5 yards from the trap house. HMB

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had my wife time me with a stopwatch from when I called for the bird to when it, 96/100, broke. After all the math it averaged out that I was breaking the birds 44 feet from the house or 30.67 yards from where I stood.

I have had several shooters comment on how quickly I get on birds, and can't beleive I shoot a 60/40 gun as well as I do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.