Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What pouches are you using? Looking for suggestions on a decent pouch that would work shooting trap singles and doubles . Or would i be better off with a vest? Was looking at some of the Wild hare stuff but am not sure

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Check out the ones from Tex Hollis. Excellent work at a reasonable price and stands behind his work. I think he a vendor on this site. He'll make pretty much anything your looking for.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I Use a double pouch made by wild hare. Not so much because of doubles but because I like to keep my hulls. I get hot wearing a vest in the middle of the summer. The pouch also has a pocket on the front. It’s nice to keep my ears, a cleaning cloth for my glasses, and a spare shell in. I use this one....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
shamrock leather is a nice option too, but a vest with multiple pouches is good too for games and most have recoil pads.
cant beat wild hare's guarantee though. just get one of each.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
My local Krieghoff dealer carries Artipel. An Italian outfit, they make great bags. I have two. One with a divider, one without. A little pricey, but they will likely outlive me.

·
Banned
531 Posts
SKB makes one that holds 2 boxes of shells and fired shells, Shamrock leather has one also, but different price range for sure, SKB not fancy but holds 2 boxes shells and has clips and belt to attach works very well.
SKB $34 Traditional Shooting Bags | SKB Shotguns

Attachments

Reactions: Township Chief

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Its all a matter of personal choice. I tried a vest and sold it after the first shoot I used it at. Then I tried commercial pouches but needed 2 for doubles. THEN I found a fellow shooter that made leather shell box holders that had clips for a shell bag that attached to a web belt and for doubles I got an extra leather shell box holder with a clip that attaches to the belt. The set up is several years old and still working great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions . ive never been a fan of leather though.
Wild Hare makes box holders, pouches, combos, etc. in heavy duty synthetic as well as leather. Shoot The Moon [stmgear.com] also makes an equally nice assortment of synthetic items. Plus, they come in a variety of colors.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
100 Straight Leather makes excellent leather pouches. A bit spendy but you will not be disappointed. You can find them thru ETSY.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I use a Shamrock leather box holder for Singles and Caps. A Browning vest with Reactar pad for doubles.
PFS unsingle for Singles and Caps, a regular stocked o/u for doubles.

Careful what you buy.

Year before last my box holder stitch was coming loose. I went to Shamrock at the Grand and the guy there said that he could fix it, no charge. He offered a loaner, but I said I'll just buy a spare. One guess what I won at our next year state shoot....Yep a leather box holder for being Veteran Singles Champ. By the way Shamrock is vendor/sponsor of the ATA.

Jason

1 - 20 of 59 Posts