Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I will be traveling through Kansas, Oklahoma and North Texas to Dallas later this month and are looking for some places to shoot. He is a skeet shooter so anyplace must have a skeet field. Do you know of any? Thanks a bunch.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
My brother and I will be traveling through Kansas, Oklahoma and North Texas to Dallas later this month and are looking for some places to shoot. He is a skeet shooter so anyplace must have a skeet field. Do you know of any? Thanks a bunch.
Where about in Kansas will you be? There is the Powder Creek shooting park (Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays) in Lenexa, Ks. That is in north east Kansas (a western suburb of Kansas City).

Reactions: timb99 and Crunch

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ark Valley Gun Club north of Wichita has skeet and trap. It is located only a few miles off I-135, next to the KTA.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
OSTA skeet & trap, just off I-40 between OKC and El Reno.
jack mc

·
Registered
311 Posts
I live in central KS (Great Bend) if you are going to be close.. pm me and I will open up a private skeet and trap range hid in the sand hills for an afternoon if the timing works out...Met most of my friends over a shotgun or fishing pole...maybe I can make a couple of more

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
I live in central KS (Great Bend) if you are going to be close.. pm me and I will open up a private skeet and trap range hid in the sand hills for an afternoon if the timing works out...Met most of my friends over a shotgun or fishing pole...maybe I can make a couple of more
I know at one time years ago there was a small gun club by the golf course in Great Bend . Is it still there ? Did you ever know Dr. Wendell McCallister ? Nice Man , shot a lot .

·
Registered
311 Posts
I did not know Doc McCallister except by reputation. He has passed on now..That trap club no longer is being used..I went and looked at it a couple of years ago and all the pits are still there and the club house is there but in pretty bad shape

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
That is a heck of an invite and offer there. Can't get much better than that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5 Stand Dan,
Thanks buddy. It saves lots of time knowing the names of the public ranges.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Elm Fork is great for pistol, rifle, skeet, good for 5 Stand & SC but very limited for trap - been there for a long time - close to Dallas/Irving.

Home - DFW Clay Target is great for Trap, Skeet and good for SC - relatively new, located West of Grapevine just off Hwy 114 near I35W.

Quail Creek is great for rifle & pistol - been there for years, just West of I35W where FM1171 ends.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Fossil Point west of Gainesville...a little expensive at +$9 but what a view and there always Bar BQ in Gainesville as your reward!

·
Banned
218 Posts
I might add, or Dairy Queen.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts