Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys at the club yesterday was telling me that he and a number of other guys were trying to hit golf balls, hit from the 27, the day before. No one could do it. I said I could....right (pulling his chain). He challenged me so, we set up on the 27. I didn't think I had a chance in the world of hitting one.... He started hitting the balls with me standing about 10 ft. to his rear of his back with my Ljutic. His first few shots were to low or grass cutters, but on about his fifth shot he got the ball in the air and I wacked that ball sideways, never to be seen again among the broken targets. Then I missed a couple before I hit another (luck) and quit while I was on a run....... LOL. So, it can be done, and I have a witness. Try it with some old range balls, kind of fun....Lets play Trap Golf with a full choke......LOL

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Sounds like a dangerous game..............................

Combining two sports I find highly addictive and sometimes frustrating. Oh well, you know what they say," a bad day on the golf course (or trap field) is still better than a good day at work" :D

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a dangerous game..............................

Combining two sports I find highly addictive and sometimes frustrating. Oh well, you know what they say," a bad day on the golf course (or trap field) is still better than a good day at work" :D
Not dangerous at all. Think about where I was standing. behind his back parallel to his swing. Not in back of his swing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
There was an episode of Duck Dynasty where the older dudes were shooting golf balls after the boys would chip them in the air. I saw the late Tom Knapp shoot em in one of his shows at our trap club. Sends a golf ball a mile!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Not dangerous at all. Think about where I was standing. behind his back parallel to his swing. Not in back of his swing.
I didn't mean safety wise. I was referring to my mental state (frustration) after having a day of missing targets AND lousy golf. Might have to stop off at the 19th hole and have a drink to forget my woes! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I saw Jon Kruger shoot golf balls in an exhibition. He would throw them out front, and shoot them from the hip. He could slice, hook, and drive the balls. Amazing to see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts