Trapshooters Forum banner

Shooting Gloves

13K views 97 replies 74 participants last post by  TimR 
#1 ·
I have seen quite a few places selling "shooting gloves." I've never been to a competitive shoot, but was wondering if people actually use them very much. What is the advantage to using gloves?

#4 · (Edited)
I wear gloves. Many shooters do so. For me its grip and comfort. Main reason is that I started shooting in January and have grown accustomed to wearing them and it feels odd not having a glove on. I wear Adidas batting gloves in warmer weather. It took about three or four different types before settling on the Adidas brand and they were only $15 at Dicks so I bought a couple pair. It can also "lighten" the feel of the gun which I feel translates from having the better grip/control over it.
Footwear Shoe Leg Fashion accessory Denim

#6 ·
Bought a new gun many years ago and the chequering was quite sharp (chaffed my thumb) so started wearing golf glove to solve the problem. Worn them ever since although today I wear wet weather type golf gloves. Warm(er) hands in winter, no sweaty hands in summer (when we eventually get one!!). Tried shooting without gloves but just don't feel right?

Would love a pair of thin leather golf gloves for summer but why are they always white? Can't bring myself to wear white gloves so stick with the black rain gloves.

TD

#7 ·
Go to sporting goods department and buy a golf glove. They are sold by the single glove for L or R hand. Around $10. gets you a real comfortable glove. The only reason I started to wear one on my left hand is when its hot out, the forarm latch gets so damn hot that it burns my hand! The glove makes all the difference. Good luck! Steve

#8 ·
I use them for a better grip. I found Gorilla gloves work best. You can buy them at Home Depot for about $5. They are thin with a rubber like substance on the palm and fingers.

Reactions: H M
#77 ·
What about the Bob Allen brand of gloves? Gamaliel has the "Shotgunner" gloves for $18.95.
The B Allen Shotgunner gloves were excellent gloves and a really good buy....five years ago. I have three pair that I've worn out over the decades and haven't thrown away, and here's the reason: The newest iteration of Shotgunner gloves by B Allen are not made of the same material or are of the same quality of manufacture as the old ones. I have a pair and hardly wear them, just prefer the old style even though they have holes worn in the finger- and thumb-tips. I may have to try those Adidas brand golf gloves that Wadhopper mentioned....
I wear gloves because it protect my hands from my gun, my gun from my hands, and it just feels better. YRMD

#18 ·
Yes, don't waist money on-line with gloves, gotta try 'em on. God knows how many pairs it took to get three pairs that felt the same on right/left hand fit..I had gloves all over the place when the Dick's associate walked up and asked if I needed help. I said yes, but not with gloves. She looked at me sorta funny and walked away.

#17 ·
I wore a glove (batting gloves) when I first started shooting 25 years or so ago.

When they wore out I stopped wearing gloves regularly.

I'll wear gloves (the Gun Glove) if it's raining to keep the slippery gun from getting away from me.

Normally, to combat sweaty hands, I use Prince Grip.

It's talc suspended in a quick evaporating gel.

One application usually lasts 50 targets or so.

I carry it in my shooting bag so if I need to reapply a little mid-round it's easy to do.

#22 ·
I used to think gloves were for sisses but I finally figured out that I was the not so intelligent one! I don't take the p guns out of their cases without gloves on! They are good in winter, summer, or whenever. I use the batting gloves from what ever sporting goods store I can find a pair that suits me. they do need to be red or black!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.