Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides wearing gloves in the warm weather so sweating hands don't make contact with the receiver, trigger,etc.,, is there any advantage or disadvantage to wearing them?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, I just don't feel the trigger as well when using gloves.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin
Thanks, Steve, having nerve damage to my right hand (trigger ) I feel that I don't have full contact with the trigger and hesitate slightly when shooting the 2nd target in doubles.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Steve........you are correct... I use golf gloves and on the trigger hand;the trigger finger material is "cut off". about 2 inches or the second joint from the tip area. Now you can "feel' the trigger................"run'em"

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve........you are correct... I use golf gloves and on the trigger hand;the trigger finger material is "cut off". about 2 inches or the second joint from the tip area. Now you can "feel' the trigger................"run'em"
Why didn't I think of that!
Great idea!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I couldn't feel the trigger with gloves on when I shot a pull trigger........with a release.....no problem. (still cut the end of the index finger off on the glove anyway)
LOL

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I've been wearing a FootJoy synthetic leather golf glove on my trigger (right) hand since 1978. Gives me a good consistent grip regardless of how sweaty my hand gets.....for cold weather I wear a pair of "Mechanics Gloves".

Ron Burr

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
When cutting the material off the trigger finger; I always take a needle& thread and sew the two sides to prevent the area to peel. Does not require a great of sewing and prevents the material from seperating.........."run'em"

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I've been wearing a FootJoy synthetic leather golf glove on my trigger (right) hand since 1978. Gives me a good consistent grip regardless of how sweaty my hand gets.....for cold weather I wear a pair of "Mechanics Gloves".

Ron Burr
This is right on , with the Foot-Joy golf gloves. I've been wearing them for 30 years. Good grip when the hands sweat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I shoot Sporting Clays year round with gloves. The checkering was giving me sore spots on my trigger hand. Now it feels funny when I do not wear them. Irv DE

·
Registered
97 Posts
I started wearing gloves back in 2010 after buying the Caesar Guerini Summit. It was so hot that the tear drop emblem on the bottom on the forearm was leaving a burn mark in my hand. I buy baseball batting gloves from Walmart. They are form fitting and thin enough leather to still feel the trigger. They are also a lot cheaper than shooting gloves and golf gloves.

·
Registered
Beretta TR1
563 Posts
My son wears baseball batting gloves just like you R. He also cuts off the trigger finger so he can still get a good feel for the trigger. After a season of shooting he usually has to get a new pair.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I use gloves from MG Golf, buy one get one free, they have three different styles. Their gloves usually last me a year of shooting.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Anybody use them due to heat? I've noticed if I'm on a small squad or just shooting a round by myself, the barrels can get pretty hot pretty quick. Especially shooting a round of bunker by myself.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I wear Foot Joy rain gloves except in colder weather. Then I use their Cold weather gloves. A good grip and feel is needed for golf also. I figure if they are good enough fof golf, they should work well for trap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts