Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing some new shooting gloves. What is everyones favorite, and why?

Thanks all,

Scott

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
FootJoy winter golf gloves.

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
The absolute best as far as durability and comfort are a set of Trek moby biking gloves with gel inserts

the moby model has more gel--

shoot - take them off and shoot- you will be shocked at how much they reduce shock

bike riders are not going to purchase gloves that dont wear

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
410 Posts
Cheap golf gloves also, with the trigger finger cut out. I like to wear gloves but I don't like anything beteen my finger and the trigger. Golf golves provide a great grip yet are thin enough that the feel is almost like you're not wearing gloves.

But they do of course wear out fast, that's why I buy the cheapies. Watts golf sells a generic white leather glove very cheap, often offering 3 for $15. Find 3 lefts and 3 rights in your size from the huge bin they usually have. Dole out $30 plus tax and your set for at least one season.

Or you could go with baseball gloves or mechanics gloves, they'll last several seasons at least. But for me thy just don't provide enough feel. cls

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Batting gloves seem to hold up better than golf gloves. Question for Gene, do the biking gloves with the gel insert feel like a built in palm swell because that is what I would want.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Soft, unlined deer skin gloves in winter (over a thin thermal layer glove if the temp is below freezing); nothing in summer except when it rains. Then I prefer the GripSwell Kid skin and the Bob Allen in that order.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I use a FootJoy synthetic leather golf glove on my right (trigger)hand. real leather golf gloves tend to wear out faster. I've been shooting with a glove for 29 years....gives me consistent purchase on the stock.

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
Mike the biking gloves do feel like a built in palm swell and last several time longer than other gloves

regards

Gene

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like Mechanix gloves from Lowes. About $10 and they last.

Gripswell gloves did not hold up well and the manufacture did not stand behind them.

E

·
0 Posts
I'm with 'skeeter on this one! Mechanix Wear gloves do the job and are available in several different colors and padded palms.

ec90t

·
Registered
843 Posts
Gunglove if you like a snug fit and full fingers, very comfortable, they wear well and give excellent "feel".

In summer I prefer a pair of weightlifting gloves or workout gloves, they are fingerless, velcro closures, nice and snug, leather palms with excellent padding. The pair i got were something like $8 at Target, great value and they've really stood up to some treatment.

I do not like golf gloves, too thin and many of them have that frilly look around the wrist which is a distraction.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The GunGlove is hands down better than and much longer lasting than most leather gloves for all year around use. For cold climates, I alsolike the U.S. Glove(USG) winter golf glove , but I have a lot of trouble finding them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.