Trapshooters Forum banner

Shooting gloves recommendations

13K views 75 replies 59 participants last post by  TDale 
#1 ·
I was wondering what others are using for shooting gloves. My issue is that with 90 degree 80% humidity New England weather my hand gets uncomfortably sticky during long Sunday shooting sessions. Couple rounds is not a problem but if I shoot more than that I feel like I have to run and wash my hands with rubbing alcohol)
So I was wondering what would be good shooting gloves? I was thinking very thin leather since it'll have a better grip and feel on a lacquered stock compared to fabric gloves.
So what would be the thinnest leather gloves?

#3 ·
One can spend a bunch of money on gloves, but since I wear them out or lose them, I have been using cheap mechanics gloves I buy from Harbor Freight Tools. Made of nylon so they breathe and my hands don’t sweat. Palms have a coating that grips the gun, yet I can pick up a piece of shot off a hard surface. I wear only one glove. Been using them for 10-15 years or more. They have all different types heavy, medium and light which is what I buy.

Reactions: Big Az Al
#30 ·
Before you buy a glove to wear while shooting start with the lowest price gloves, put some pennies and dimes on a shelf and slip a glove on your trigger hand and pick the coins up. Start at the lowest price and work your way up to as high a price as you can.

For myself harbor freight gloves give me as much feel as the 50 dollar or more gloves.

So I almost always end up with those. The times I don't WalMart garden gloves have been my choice.

After the first Arizona winter that I used gloves I was going to put the gloves away for the summer. When the heat of the barrel got my attention after the first round of spring league targets. The gloves became year round use.

I have had a pair of high end shooting gloves. The harbor freight gloves were not a step back or down and if I don't lose the cheap ones they out last those high end gloves.

Al

Reactions: Rick Barker
#6 ·
I tried nylon gloves and they are a bit to slippery for me that's why I was thinking about leather as it will be as close to bare skin as possible I's assume.
Bruce Golf gloves is a good idea, never thought about it. Any ide how thin they are?

#11 ·
I like the Gun Glove but the summer version only lasts me less than 2 years.

Have used golf gloves since then (for summer use) and lucky to get a year out of them. The right one (I'm right handed) always wears out before the left which is OK you normally buy them one at a time anyhow.

Finally went to Costco and picked up a 4 pack of Kirkland Signature Golf Gloves they are Cabretta Leather for ~$20 and like them best. Of course you need a pack of each, right and left hand. You can buy them on line but they are more expensive Linky

If you aren't a Costco member you can get them at Amazon but they are only a 3 pack for $30

What I like about the Costco Kirkland golf gloves is that they don't have that stupid snap on ball marker which is just something to ding and scratch up your stock with. Then again I gave up golf years ago so don't need a ball marker and would rather shoot golf balls with the shotgun by rolling them down between the bbls and flipping it up in the air and shooting it. I can slice a golf ball with a shotgun just as well as I can with a driver LOL.

#20 ·
I was wondering what others are using for shooting gloves. My issue is that with 90 degree 80% humidity New England weather my hand gets uncomfortably sticky during long Sunday shooting sessions. Couple rounds is not a problem but if I shoot more than that I feel like I have to run and wash my hands with rubbing alcohol)
So I was wondering what would be good shooting gloves? I was thinking very thin leather since it'll have a better grip and feel on a lacquered stock compared to fabric gloves.
Firm Grip Utility Work Gloves, Home Depot; $3.29 a pair, and they last. Can't beat'em.

#24 ·
gripswell out of California at the higher end [deerskin $56. limited availability]
Home depot firm grip yellow gets grippier as it gets wetter. $10 bucks a pair or so.

#25 ·
stopped by at Dick's on my way home and spent good amount of time by the golf glove isle trying almost everything they had. Ended up picking Maxfli Elite. Super thin and scary soft. Will have a chance to try out tomorrow. The only downside is that they are white so it'll likely get trashed fast. Will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.