Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
I have had good luck with Post 4. He is an eye doctor and trap shooter. Great customer service.
They are the best in my humble opinion, but the owner (Mike Rinard) pasted away a few years ago and they are no longer being made.

Reactions: sacky07

· Registered
232 Posts
I use, like, and recommend Decot Revel style. They fit well under a ball cap. Do seriously consider the polycarbonate lenses, they are much more shatter resistant. When you break that incoming clay and get hit with the fragments, this is important!

· Registered
296 Posts
Titus Professional Multi-Lens Range Set. When I miss, it ain't because I don't see the bird clearly, it's cause I'm pointing the gun where the bird ain't.

Don

· Registered
13,489 Posts
OK here's my take. Ranger Glasses are the best if you want to install your Rx in the lenses themselves. Doing this will save a lot of extra weight on your nose. You also only have one set of lenses to keep clean!!! However if your Rx changes every year? You may want to get glasses that just have a Rx insert, with clear colored lenses. These glasses has a set of colored lenses and a pair of clear Rx lenses too, that fit inside the colored ones. So each eye is looking through two sets of lenses!!!

If you want to get? what many shooters consider the very best shooting glasses? That would be Pilla's. Pilla does not make their colored lenses with a Rx in them. All there colored lenses are made without a Rx in them. So, You must use the Rx insert with there frames that will accept a Rx insert. The extra set of lenses not only add extra weight, but they get twice as dirty and you have many extra surfaces to keep clean. If your sweat drips inside your glasses a lot? You may not want to wear Rx inserts?

I saved the best of last. Pilla's are twice as expensive as Rangers!!! Compared side by side. Maybe more? This holds true if you need a Rx, or you don't need a Rx and just want a frame and lenses!!! Good Luck in your Journey!!! don't forget to break em all jeff

· Registered
160 Posts
The evaluation from Pull & Mark says it all. I currently use Ranger Edge lenses but being just short of 50, my eyes are changing every year and replacing 3 sets each season will continue to be costly. I just ordered a set of Pillas for this reason. With the Rx insert, I need to replace 1 prescription every year rather than the minimum of 3. Since there is a solid warranty on the lenses, I figured they would pay for themselves in about 4 years. This will also allow me to acquire more panels without assuming the added yearly cost of replacing another color.

Bottom line, if you are looking for glasses without a prescription, Rangers and Decots will go a long way. If you are like many of us on this forum, you'll inevitably amass a collection of colors. If you need correction, bear in mind the replacement costs of the collection that you may be doomed to carry.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.