Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called about some persciption shootin glasses today and was going to place a order. I tryed to tell the lady how much I wanted to have the optical center moved,(up and over) and she told me that they didn't do that. I was told to call the company that she has grind them and see what they said. I ran out of time and didn't get to it yet, and I figured I'd check here and see what you guys normaly have done. John 8703697

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Normally you want a prescription from the optometrist, so that the glasses are made correctly for your vision. Because they are Rx they are non-refundable and a waste of money if the prescription is wrong. As a Post 4 dealer if you know what you want and are aware that they are non-refundable and are willing to take the risk, then I would order them as you specify.

Tom Ketchum

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
You are talking about the PD or Pupillary distance which determines where the center of your lenses will be located. Back when I was using prescription lenes, I would bring my gun to my optician (also a shooter) and he would measure the PD while I had the gun mounted with my glasses on.
If this is not possible, you may try putting on your shooting glasses, mount an EMPTY gun and have a friend of yours look from the muzzle to the center of the pupil of your eye and mark the spot on the lens. If you need to do this with your other lens than do so. Take these shooting glasses to your optician and tell to put the center of your new lenses on the same spots.
Hope this helps. JM

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I marked my pupil with the gun mounted, the lady was nice and wanted me to make sure as she didn't want me to waste my money. I think I will maybe do one lens and see if I like it. John

·
5,379 Posts
Call Morgan Optical in Olean NY... ask for Wayne Morgan - he'll set you up with what you need if you're wanting Randolphs...

Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.