Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting some shooting glasses and have found a couple options and want some advice.
My current thoughts are:
A pair of Ranger Falcons or Falcon pros (cheapest option)
Castellini glasses (Middle ground)
Pillas Outlaws (expensive)
Also whats the difference between the regular outlaws and the archery ones other than price if there is none then I will definitely go with the PIlla Outlaw Archery

· Registered
13,497 Posts
Rangers are very good. You can have your Rx (if you need one) in the lens itself. So you are only looking through one lens. This offers you the least amount of weight on your nose!!! You also have the option if your Rx changes every year, to have regular lenses, with a clear set of Rx inside the colored Ranger lens. So you only have to have one set of lenses replaced every time your Rx changes. But, now your looking through two sets of lenses and have twice the weight on your nose.

The Pilla's are by far the best and clearest of all the shooting glasses. However, you can't get a Rx in the colored lens itself. So you are forced to buy there regular colored lens and have a clear set of lens that sit inside the colored set if you need a Rx. So your looking through two sets of lenses that have twice the chance of fogging and having dirt on as well. Not to mention the extra weight on your nose with 4 lenses on your nose at a time. This has kept me from switching to Pilla's. One set of lenses are much lighter on my nose. In the long run I can't see how the Pilla's would benefit me (since I need a Rx) if I switched looking through two sets of lenses???

So if you don't need a Rx I would recommend the Pilla's if you have the cash to spare for shooting glasses. The two most important factors in breaking a moving target are
1) having a shotgun that fits you properly
2) being able to see the target clearly in any light condition and background.

Only you can decide if you want to try the double set of lenses if you need a Rx.

Only you can decide if you want to spend twice as much for a pair of shooting glasses!!! How badly do you want to progress to the next class??? Or are you happy in the class your in??? Best of Luck on your Journey!!! break em all jeff

· Registered
3,356 Posts
Make sure whatever you buy are shatter proof. I dropped a lens from one of the more prominent makers on a sidewalk. It hit on edge and cracked cleanly in half! I talked to them about it and they told me the standard lenses aren't able to take much of an impact. Other of their lenses were, but you had to specify which ones you want. I am now using pillas and LOVE THEM. Several friends are using the RX insert an are having no problems. Two are using the outlaws and one has the panthers.The plus side of the insert is you only have to replace one set of lenses when your prescription changes instead of multiple shades. I've had decot, rangers and now pillas and love the pillas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.