Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Top barrel set to hit the second bird, first barrel doesn't matter because I trap the first bird. HMB

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had both my barrels set at 85% but would like the top to be just a touch flatter. I sometimes struggle staying under the second bird. I shot 2500 doubles last year in some pretty nasty weather and barely survived with a 91.24% best I could do was 97 on a few occasions. (worst was a 71 in a snow storm) got to love this game! I am opening up both barrels to help a little. They were choked at .029 and .038.. just a little tight. PJH

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I agree with Neil.... I like my bottom barrel to shoot about 4" high at 13yds, and the top barrel to shoot about 1" high at 13yds. This works very well for me. Top barrel choked .032" and bottom barrel choked .019".... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I agree with Neal & Trap2, I have almost the same setup.

tony

·
Registered
769 Posts
My XT shoots 80/20 on the bottom and 70/30 on top. Bottom barrel first (Briley IC choke), top barrel second (Briley full). 94.5% average.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I wanna hear more about trappin that first one, hmb do you use a dead fall or what kinda trap is legal to use fur them critter?

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Dednlost,

I'm a right handed shooter. I hold the gun parallel to the ground. I use my left eye to shoot the first bird, no gun movement, skeet choke. The trigger is pulled while the first bird is still under the barrel. I use my right eye to shoot the second bird. IM choke and the barrel's POI is set up to center the hit on the second bird. HMB

·
Registered
593 Posts
I used to use conabears when trapping the first target but have switched to have a heart live box traps- target pelts aren't worth much anyway. Dan

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
The way to good doubles scores is hitting the second target. One of the keys to that problem is how you shoot the first bird. Another key is the POI of your second barrel. A very complex equation for most doubles shooters. HMB

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.