Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I have some opinions on what is the warmest and most comfortable shooting coat?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
438 Posts
The storm jacket is great, but get it without the liner. The jacket is gusseted and allows you to move around alot, but the liner doesn't. I get more range of motion if I just bundle up under the jacket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pweld

I am in Indiana. It is 29 degrees right now with about a 10 mph wind. Supposed to get down to 22 tonite. It is not going to get any better for a while and most of my shooting now will be at nite. I am sure you remember the warm indiana nites. Lol.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
http://www.Backfence-Sportswear.com Free shipping thru Xmas the best coat you will ever own, This coat will last you 20 years or more. Frank

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I also have an old Bob Allen, but the "war dept" bought me a shooting coat from Cabelas that I prefer over the Allen.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wore my new Pavillion coat for a walk on the farm yesterday(Missouri),25 mph winds and very cool, totally felt like toast. Plan on wearing it in Europe next week, very nice & also warm coat. Urbans.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
This is my 3rd season in CJ Enterprises shooting coat and I couldn't be happier. Great fit. Can be worn with more layers in cold weather if you don't want the liner (I use and like mine). Shot sporting clays the last two Sunday's (early in AM about 20-25 degrees) have had on insulated t-shirt a regular long sleeve shirt and jacket. NEVER got cold. Have worn it in hard rain and been completely dry. Would buy another.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've owned most of the name brands over 40 years. Last year I bought a
Pavillion cold weather coat on e-bay. It's the best winter shooting caot
I've had. It is warm, lightweight, and not bulky.

·
Registered
102 Posts
http://www.shootingvests.com/index.html
Shoot The Moon. The make a great shooting sweater made from Polartec 1000 which is a which is a windshear sandwitched between 2 layers of fleece. It's water resistant and they tailor made mine. Robert Houston

·
Registered
811 Posts
If I can be of help, see web site above. All weather shooting coats with int'l or short pad, with liner or not.

Thanks to the above satisfied customers...dickgtax, JB, hap,

Janet

·
Registered
31 Posts
John Storm (not to be confused with the Pavillion Storm) makes a great jacket. They are made in America. John is great to deal with and makes a quality product, available with or without a lining.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everybody for your input. At least now I have some more options to look at and choose from.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is there a difference in the Pavillion Storm coat and the Pavallion Cold Weather Coat? Nobody seems to have these coats in XL, anybody know where I can find one?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.