Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting a new insulated/waterproof shooting coat. Can't decide which way to go. Thoughts or opinions? Thanks.

T67

·
Registered
732 Posts
Had them all! John Storm is the one I wear. Never been cold never been wet!!
Give Leslie a call she will take care of you. Glenn Allison
ps the red ones are the best!!( that was for Leslie)

·
Registered
366 Posts
IMHO the best option starts with a J and ends with ohn Storm. Buy with confidence, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What did they recommend on skeetshooters.com? (Just kidding). For any clays game I would wear my John Storm.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
John Storm!

They will custom fit one to you--whatever your shape. The jackets are not bulky but are very warm. No restriction on movement because they are cut for shooters.

My wife has the long model, I have the short waist jacket.

Order one now and be done with it.

Guy Babin

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
If you order the liner in the trap coat, does it zip out or is it sewed in? Trap coat with liner $270 = wow

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not sure how cold it is where you are but my Browning Ballistic jacket was warm at -15 C +5 F. Waterproof and windproof. Good buy at $113. My opinion, your mileage may vary :)

ps..Great Cutomer service at Shyda's.

Randy

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Short Model - liner is not removable

Long Model - removable liner is an option

They are not cheap--but they are the best however.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought one from John at the grand in the mid 90s no liner. I use it all year even in the cold weather. My wife wanted to wash it and did't know how. She called John he told her how to wash it. It still looks good. only leak is where i had my name put on it. Don't do that.

Rick

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guess it depends on how much you want to spend. I have a Browning Ballistic jacket. Warm, windprrof, waterproof. I'm on the range a lot when its below 20 degrees. Not bulky and no problem.

Salt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.