Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes Im fairly new to more serious trap shooting sport and learning every day. So the Blinders on your shooting glasses are needed for all or only if your having a issue?
What is the purpose of the blinders to block?

·
Registered
444 Posts
At two clubs where I frequent, the morning sun always hits the right side of my face - just perfectly positioned to cause a glare on the, inside, right side of my lens and eye. I usually put on just one blinder to block that inevitability.

I am still looking for good blinders that fit my frames and are big enough to block the sun.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I use the one that clip on my cap. They allow more air to move so the glasses dont fog, and are adjustable for better blocking the sun .
LM Lenses › product › belgian-blin...
Web results
Belgian Blinders - Shooting Glasses - LM Lenses

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,743 Posts
You will find that they help with several issues/distractions
You can get those black report binders at Walmart and make your own. I have a larger one on my right side to block moving squad mates and their shadows. For ~$2 you end up with a lifetime supply. PS: The ones I got are differently textured on either side.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have never tried them. I always thought it would be harder to keep track of when it's my turn to shoot ?
I probably should try them also, it does amaze me what antics some times happen next to Me.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,901 Posts
I use a homemade blinder that clips onto the bill of my hat when I feel it necessary. They do allow better airflow than blinders. I had it on one day when @BIGDON told me to not be such a tight ass and go buy some from the vendor set up just beside where we were talking so I did. Hey BIGDON...I like the one I made better than the one I bought. Sometimes it pays to be a tight ass :)

TightAssBlinder.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts