·
Registered
21,600 Posts
My friend you guys have balls of grapefruits. Frozen balls but big ones. LOL

Matt

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
About 20 years ago I shot in -8 for a 50 target league shoot and wound up getting a small area of frostbite on the back of my neck. Was shooting new Premiers and they sounded like bad loads with a lot of powder residue left in the barrel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Glad to see some other people who are just as insane as I am. We have been shooting a night 5 Stand league for 3 years now. This year the club enclosed the shooting area and heated it. Last few years we were out in the elements. Two nights in particular here in Wisconsin I remember still...having moved here from Texas...don't ask...one night minus 13 actual and snowing. Another night minus 11, wind from the north, snowing..again..I was standing next to a 150,000 BTU fan driven kerosene heater and put my hand about 3 inches from the glowing orange center and could not feel any heat. Is that bad? I figured I probably should not do that as my other Physician partners in my Anesthesia practice would be less than understanding of that injury and inability to work for a few days. Sent pics of it to some old squad buddies in Texas...they return mailed me some Psychiatric drugs with instructions on how to take them.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
You Pussies......it was below zero last night, like only minus one or two. Plus 6 would have been nice. LOL.

HM

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I ran 50 straight last night under lights @ 0 deg.

tony

·
Registered
81 Posts
Shot below zero yesterday up here in British Columbia. Going to go tonight under the lights and am expecting some frozen balls when I get home. What color targets you guys throwing in the snow and at night? Our all orange were hard to pick up against the bank of clay and snow mixed. I am sure they won't be throwing whites tonight.

·
5,366 Posts
excuse me... leaving a clubhouse warmed to 60+ degrees takes big balls, but once outside... "shrinkage factor" - those boys hang high and in tight!

Its all in the "science"! (lol)

regards,

Jay

·
Registered
961 Posts
If you're shooting at just 6 degrees, then either they are throwing very flat targets or you're shooting them too quickly right out of the house. ;-)
(Sorry, cabin fever here, and Jack Frost made me do it.) ....Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.