Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
I've never used them, Steve. However, I took a Nora Ross clinic at my club and she changed my mind on that topic. A very sensible lady - even if your eyes don't pay attention to what's happening in the periphery (hard focus on the house) - your brain does. The distraction is slight, but it's there and it will cost targets at some point. That's hard for me to argue with.

· Premium Member
6,030 Posts
Use mine mainly to shield my eyes from sun glare....I never pay attention to other shooter's movements.
I thought you were going to say you wear them so you don't have to see KS-OKIE in your peripheral vision! 😀

· Registered
851 Posts
I do most of the time, smoke from the squads guns going off blows sideways at times, glare, wind, rain, sun rising or setting sun all causes issues. At night in shootoffs they stop the glare from the lights behind you. On a real hot humid day they will make you sweat more I do not always use them.

· Registered
36,813 Posts
I wear them because when is my turn to shoot, I avoid seeing the jerk to my left throwing a fit because he missed his shot and the idiot on my right mounting his gun the same time I do..

· Registered
1,286 Posts
I have always used them, in fact I have extended them about 1 1/2" because the angle that I stand on I could still see movement to my right, I like to see only the house and the field, it's hard enough to maintain focus without added distractions IMHO

Reactions: KS-5 Spec.

· Registered
36,813 Posts
They are differently hot to wear, but worth it.
They do make blinders without fur covering.

I used to make them out of shot shell boxes. I bought some soft leather ones about 10 years ago and they are still holding up strong.

· Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Always wear then shooting trap,.... NEVER when shooting sporting clays.
I would really like to find some oversized pairs that extend far forward, especially the one on the left side.
Being left handed I am usually looking into the sun in the afternoon on north facing fields ... no good

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Always wear them while shooting trap. I can't speak for the other shotgun games. They help prevent wind, rain, snow and sun from creeping in from the side. Also, very obviously, blinders prevent you from seeing the dancing the people next to you are doing. If you think you can really block all the distractions out, I think you are kidding yourself. The is a reason they put them on draft horses.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Always wear then shooting trap,.... NEVER when shooting sporting clays.
I would really like to find some oversized pairs that extend far forward, especially the one on the left side.
Being left handed I am usually looking into the sun in the afternoon on north facing fields ... no good
Ask Claude Hemsi where he got his. They stick 3+ inches forward.

Reactions: Sportshot
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.