Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have experience with the 3S, ez shoot, or RJ Stuart shoot management software products? Specifically looking for likes, dislikes, and how easy the product is to use. Tried a search but it did not bring up what I am looking for, just a couple of recommendations. Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Super Moderator
5,115 Posts
Most, I believe, use 3S. It may not be the easiest, but that's probably because it has so many options.

And George is just a phone call away.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
V-10 has it right. It's what the wife and I use and it's just as Scott says.
George will answer the call.

Most of the clubs in MT use it.

Rick in MT

·
Super Moderator
5,115 Posts
If you're interested in 3S, just give George a call and ask him about it.

I'm sure he can give you a quick run down on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 3S program is very good and what makes it even better is the support George Cook will give you. I do not believe you can do any better for managing either a small club shoot or a large satelite grand shoot. My two cents...
Rebe Trickey
Nashville Gun Club

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guys, thanks for the kind words. When people ask me about my system I usually give them a small talk on what it is but I always tell them to put a thread on this forum for an unbiased comment from my users. I could be on the phone and blow smoke up peoples Butt but I think its best that they get comments from my users. At this point in time I have 451 users of my software and for the amount of people using the system the phone calls about help are not that many. Since I found TeamViewer it is so easy to help users when I can log on to their PC and look at the system from here in my office.

I am a lucky guy in that I have a small business where I get to do what I truly love and sometimes get paid to do it. I love Shotgun sports, especially Trap Shooting.

George Cook

God Bless America / KEEP THE FAITH !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't try using this system without going through it first. It is best to set up a "dummy shoot" and get familiar with the system when setting up the system, entering shooters, scores,and running reports. You don't want to upset shooters at the end of the event by taking hours to print the results. Once you are familiar with it, it is an excellent system for registered ATA shoots.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't try using this system without going through it first. It is best to set up a "dummy shoot" and get familiar with the system when setting up the system, entering shooters, scores,and running reports. You don't want to upset shooters at the end of the event by taking hours to print the results. Once you are familiar with it, it is an excellent system for registered ATA shoots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While SM519 is absolutely correct with his caution, I would like to build on his point a little. ANY very complex system with Tables for Events, Shooters, Squads, Categories, etc., will necessarily require enough features to answer the diverse requirements of a large number of customers.

When I was in software Pre-Sales, I always advised my customers to dry run new systems at least one time as it will be used when "live". Bring as many different folks through it as you can: the person who signs the check, the manager, the shift supervisor, the folks who actually do the work and even a few customers. Build your own cheat sheets and keep someone on hand who REALLY knows the system.

I like what I see in 3S and would offer the same advice to buyers of any of the other software competitors.

Bob Petersen

P.S. 11/19
After reviewing Source Forge, RJ Stewart, and 3S, we're strongly leaning toward 3S. I'm looking over the documentation for EzShoot but I don't see any reviews or discussions about it. Is anyone using EzShoot?

http://www.ezshoot.com/home.php

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our club purchased the 3S software earlier this fall. It took me hardly any time learning to use it once George got me up and running. My wife learned how to get shooters classified, squaded and cashiered just a matter of minutes. We are really pleased at how efficient it has made us at the end of the day. The customer service you will receive is second to none. Todd

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Yes it does but you'll need to speak to George Cook to get the specific details.

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm exploring the demo version of 3S. What has people's experience been with the squading functions? Right now we use paper to watch to be sure squads are filled and to put shooters where they want. Is that efficient with 3S?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
3S Update:

We've cut our check for 3S Trap 5. It has all the functionality we need and then some.

George is the best. He answers his phone and email and if you do get into a pickle with installation or use, he's quick to attach to your PC with TeamViewer (with your permission) and walk you through what you need to do. We give him 5 stars (out of 5) on support responsiveness and clarity.

In addition to all our basic functionality, we were impressed with the capability to print out score sheets with shooter name, squad, etc. on Legal size that the scorekeepers take to the field. EVERY other shoot I've attended required us to write in our name on the sheet. Now we only have to verify and initial. Very professional.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts