Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone keep a log of their shooting to keep track of their scores in practice and/or competition? What details do you include? For example I have weather, score, facility, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I use the Excel spreadsheet available on here (or is it PITA?)(but danged if I can find it now). Only the bare details, # targets, score, running average and if I was shooting my reloads or factory shells. That's all. Nothing else matters. Weather? That implies you could accept lower scores in bad weather, but that's not something I buy into. Because it always rains here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I keep an old fashioned note book. Date, location, events shot, scores by sub-event, total score, practice or registered event, inclimate weather conditions, gun & choke variations as I often shoot my older back up combo on say doubles, any recents changes to POI or stock fit, and with today’s ammunition availability issues what ammo is used

·
6,218 Posts
Does anyone keep a log of their shooting to keep track of their scores in practice and/or competition? What details do you include? For example I have weather, score, facility, etc.
Wow... I am an old dog... I made up score cards using an old IBM Selectric II... PM me with some contact info...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I started in 1967 and I am now on my 5th notebook. I have date, event (16's, hdcp, dbls), score and comments that can cover just about anything. Conditions, shells, equipment choices/changes, squad mates, technique, sucess, failure and anything else that struck my fancy. Tom

·
Registered
569 Posts
I used to keep a log of all of my registered shoots. I went back to review what I had done and found I had only posted the negative information and little or no positive comments. It was so depressing I quit doing it. I now try to only focus on the positive and let the negative go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’m a stats kind of guy...like trending numbers. So, I make a picture of the each score sheet after the last box. I have an Excel spreadsheet where I enter my scores by post. I trend the data by post, range, time of the year, etc. Over the years, I’ve captured some interesting stats that show where I need to work a little harder. Sad fact...I still stink... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m a stats kind of guy...like trending numbers. So, I make a picture of the each score sheet after the last box. I have an Excel spreadsheet where I enter my scores by post. I trend the data by post, range, time of the year, etc. Over the years, I’ve captured some interesting stats that show where I need to work a little harder. Sad fact...I still stink... :rolleyes:
I have excel where I keep all my data. Just don't know how to trend or anything useful.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I use Excel also however I have no idea how to trend data on there. Could you provide details? Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use NOTES on my iPad.
I just want to keep it simple.
Starting in January I keep count
of the number of days I shoot ,
the amount of rounds and accumulative
shots. This way I know how many shots
through the gun and when to have it serviced.
scores I’m not interested In.
Since January I shot 47 days with a total of 4,350 targets.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use NOTES on my iPad.
I just want to keep it simple.
Starting in January I keep count
of the number of days I shoot ,
the amount of rounds and accumulative
shots. This way I know how many shots
through the gun and when to have it serviced.
scores I’m not interested In.
Since January I shot 47 days with a total of 4,350 targets.
When I glanced at how your post was written, I expected a poem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts