Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you shoot better in early squads vs later squads ? Wondering, thinking about presquadding. Mornings are cooler, less wind, less light. Whats important to you when you shoot?

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
If it's a large shoot I like an early squad, right behind the trap-setters if I can get it. Squad 1, post 1 will do just fine thank you. Best chance of well set targets, before the wind changes. At a small shoot with only 5 or 6 squads it doesn't matter that much......

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
It depends on the gun club, the way the traps are situated, and the time of year, which determines the amount of sun on the target. I shoot better in the mornings when I'm fresh and anxious to get going. I do, however, squad later in the day if there are low light conditions. I have found that shooting in the correct lighting gives you more "face" to the targets, and makes them much easier to see..... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I love being able to see the targets well. Wind is a factor to me also as I have neuropathy in my legs and tend to wobble in the wind.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
I don't really care. Early squads have less light and less wind. Later squads have more light and more wind. Through years of hard practice, I have learned how to miss targets under both conditions.

Pat Ireland

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.