Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
You might be surprised at what I know, I suspect my education would rival yours.
I was very smart and educated once. 40 years ago any course at the university seemed within reach. But a path must be chosen. And then as often happens, a specialty is chosen. Then one day I woke up and realized I know a whole bunch about very little. LOL. Gotta love education!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Yes, when you pull up the ATA website you can also log in with your ATA # and password:

Product Font Line Screenshot Parallel

But after doing so, you are not IMMEDIATELY presented with your personal shoot information. Instead, you must to click on one of three ways to see your scores:

Handwriting Product Orange Font Line

I suppose the website could be changed so that your scores are presented immediately after log in, so that you do not have to click anything else. Or made more mobile friendly. But you will never escape the time lag between shooting and the ATA receiving an official report of your score to put on the ATA website.

On this thread are two examples. One you know your ATA number and password, and one you dont. Both work.

Attachments

Reactions: Charlie Becknell

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Since the guy's a Doctor ,I would imagine he has pretty good word comprehension skills.
I don't care if he's the Pope. He's complaining to a group of people that have no control over the thing he's complaining about. And everything he can't figure out has been shown to be very simple. I maintain that his issues are user error. Education does equate to knowledge.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
You are saying sort of like when you miss a target ain’t no one or thing to blame but yourself!
I too, at times, have trouble with the ATA site but eventually get to where I’m trying to get to.
That being said I sometimes have trouble with all the internet sites I visit.
BTW, you won’t meet a finer fellow than the Doc.

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
I don't care if he's the Pope. He's complaining to a group of people that have no control over the thing he's complaining about. And everything he can't figure out has been shown to be very simple. I maintain that his issues are user error. Education does equate to knowledge.
I'd say being a Doctor ,he is pretty well "educated "( my guess his is above yours) . You decided to insult him and that was a cheap shot. And Just because YOU think something is simple doesn't mean everybody ELSE does. As far as the site itself I have seen plenty that are much easier to navigate ! I agree with stocker1042 in post number 18. I admit that I'm not too computer savy but, I have seen LOTS of sites better put together.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Well, if only complaining to someone who is either responsible or empowered to make changes became a rule, things would get boring rather quick. Yes, I have found some things on the ATA website hard to find, usually because I look for them infrequently and have forgotten how I did it last time. It’s a 50-50 thing, or maybe a 60-40 thing

·
Thorn in your side
8,146 Posts
Well, if only complaining to someone who is either responsible or empowered to make changes became a rule, things would get boring rather quick. Yes, I have found some things on the ATA website hard to find, usually because I look for them infrequently and have forgotten how I did it last time. It’s a 50-50 thing, or maybe a 60-40 thing
BEST, most accurate response yet on this thread...IMO
I agree 100%

·
Premium Member
20,796 Posts
My experience with computers is limited. I find that if you don't use something a couple of times a week, I forget it or how to do it. Just yesterday, I had to sign some forms from Schwab, scan them and re-email them back. Took me 30 minutes to get an encrypted email to a printable format. Scan??? Pfffft. My printer has a scan feature on it, but what do I do with it. Well, I just drove into town this morning, and went to the bank. I let my banker's secretary do all of that and she emailed it for me. Yes, I have no formal computer training. I'm 69 tears old, and yes, I'm getting old and crabby and grouchy. I have been on the ATA website a couple of times and have gotten frustrated because I don't know what I'm doing, or where I'm going. I find it easier to call the office. Everyone there is very nice and helpful and always have been. I called them last week to get my address changed to my new address. Already have my new gold card. End of rant. Charlie Henderson

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
What part of clicking on the Shooter Information Center link at the top of the page are you having difficulty with?
I believe if done on a laptop it populates the screen differently than done on my mobile Android phone?
I do use computers for my work. However, I pay for a scribe to enter data, while I talk and examine my patients. I much prefer that method than sitting while facing a computer. I've found looking and listening to patients works best for me, however, I am a dinosaur.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts